• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RECO Defense is closed indefinitely

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

I just found out (today) from Gary's wife Jane that Gary passed away last Nov 30, 2020 from a battle with cancer.

I knew Gary outside of Steel Soldiers and he was truly a nice guy and an "expert" on all military commo from the 70's and 80's...

She wrote me that they are closed and have no technician to do radio repairs.

I am so bummed out as Gary was 62 (my age as well) and far too young to be gone now...

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
All,

I just found out (today) from Gary's wife Jane that Gary passed away last Nov 30, 2020 from a battle with cancer.

I knew Gary outside of Steel Soldiers and he was truly a nice guy and an "expert" on all military commo from the 70's and 80's...

She wrote me that they are closed and have no technician to do radio repairs.

I am so bummed out as Gary was 62 (my age as well) and far too young to be gone now...
Odd how it is... I am not so sure that a "thumbs up" is the right thing to "Like" something like this - but something had to be said.

I will be 61 in another couple of months and yeah, way to young to be gone... It would be nice if there was a youngster with electronic skills who could help them keep the business alive. Not that I have that kind of skill.

-

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Odd how it is... I am not so sure that a "thumbs up" is the right thing to "Like" something like this - but something had to be said.

I will be 61 in another couple of months and yeah, way to young to be gone... It would be nice if there was a youngster with electronic skills who could help them keep the business alive. Not that I have that kind of skill.

-
I agree on a youngster taking over (they are our "future").

Unfortunately, Gary had no children reading his obituary and tribute.

As I told his wife how saddened I am, but also angry that "evil" people seem to never die and "good" people like Gary are taken early...

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is sad news. Aside from their technical repair skills, their refurbishment/ restoration talents were top notch! I bought a full VIC-1 system from Gary and it is beautiful and flawless. The paint, the lettering, the details were all perfect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks