• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recomended Fuel For Multi-Fuel Engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delta5

Hi guys,

Im kinda new to the M35 (drove them in Army reserve unit back in 80's) but am new to how the multi-fuel works. Are you able to mix different things like waste oil etc at the same time? or do you just run one thing or another in it? Can you run just straight diesel fuel? A quick rundown would really be appreciated here, as I am looking to buy one shortly.

Thanks,

Richard

3dAngus

My deuce gets little use, so I like to throw in some gasoline and oil mix just to help keep down on the diesel sludge and growth from the diesel microbial growth or algae.

I cannot positive say it help, but I do know it doesn't hurt and it sure makes me feel better. The best thing you can do, whatever fuel you use, is to run it regularly and use up all the fuel. I'm guilty of NOT doing so. I just have to many vehicles, so the best I can do is to keep most of them running. The fuels recommended are in the Tech manual for the deuce, but they only list a half dozen or so of them.
The general rule is, you can burn almost anything that can burn, period, but on some fuels like gas, you need to add clean oil to keep the cylinders lubricated. Also, it is not recommended you use gas alone except in purely emergency conditions when you need to bugout and there is no other options. It is to strong and it might run hot, thus, add some clean oil to assist, but get your clean diesel in as soon as is possible. I never run more then 20% gas in mine. That should be enought to blow out any pipes and keep the diesel restored.

Diesel additives are the best, however. Just very expensive.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site.

Please look at the "Alternative fuels" forum, for many threads covering all the optional(possible) fuels.

If you still have questions after reading several (hundred) threads, feel free to post in the appropriate thread or post a new thread asking for specific information that has not been covered.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There is a data plate on the dash stating what fuel can be used.

The 'multi-fuel" is a motor designed to run on DIESEL fuel BUT can run on battle field collected fuel if needed includind straight gas (very dry, engine killer), the idea was that fuel the truck, compleat the mission, get the men out, the truck was sacrisifcial.

The "MULTI-FUEL" is a WW2 German design and since WW3 was supposed to be in europe both the USSR and the U.S.A. adopted the multi-fuel as the battle field motor, the USSR had everything from 1 cyl. engines v12s that were multi-fuel.

Again remember the MULTI-FUEL is a diesel fuel engine, the acids, bits of metal and everything else run though the engine are not good for it, it can burn it if needed, but if used the longevety of the motor was considered less important then the mission, you could say a throw away motor if needed, just something to think about .

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks