• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recommendations for Hard Top - what to go with?

An OEM aluminum roof will require you make the decision on what rear setup you want, M1165 rear wall or Sponsons and rear hatch. You will Be into it all for probably more than you paid for the truck.
I have installed quite a few of them…this was an M1152.
4 door slant back! But I am not sure I love how the sides of the roof in the pictures looks like.. I like more of the round look. Beautiful truck! Great work!

An OEM aluminum roof will require you make the decision on what rear setup you want, M1165 rear wall or Sponsons and rear hatch. You will Be into it all for probably more than you paid for the truck.
I have installed quite a few of them…this was an M1152.

4 door slant back! I am not sure I love the look of the sides of the roof. I like more of the round edge like the metal one. Beautiful truck! Great work!

revhrd

I am not trying to high jack the thread, but will this top need the b pillar cut and the turret supports if you are not installing any of the turret components? I have included a pic of the soft top b pillar for reference. I would install this and fab a round steel cover. I was thinking this would sit flat on the existing frame minus soft top of course.

Attachments

I am not trying to high jack the thread, but will this top need the b pillar cut and the turret supports if you are not installing any of the turret components? I have included a pic of the soft top b pillar for reference. I would install this and fab a round steel cover. I was thinking this would sit flat on the existing frame minus soft top of course.

I am not sure but I think it will work if you cut the B pillar. I'm also looking for a solution for when I get my hard top next week!

I am also thinking about other options for this. PM me if you need more help or brainstorm some ideas.

revhrd

I am not sure but I think it will work if you cut the B pillar. I'm also looking for a solution for when I get my hard top next week!

I am also thinking about other options for this. PM me if you need more help or brainstorm some ideas.
I s the B pillar not the same height as the A or windshield pillar? That was my question. if you took everything off the that is related to the soft top, would it rest on top of both pillars evenly? This is assuming you remove the turret supports from the top that come down to the B pillar

McSpeed

I do know that in Clinton, Illinois - The Dewitt County Sheriff office has TWO Humvees that were Government donated to them - both have the fast back and hard tops with turret covers. Kevlar doors. I lived there for years and these things just sit there rotting away. Perhaps a fellow could make the Sheriff office an offer for both of them - and get trucks, tops...and all. I imagine the repair and storage on them has exceeded their worth.

Probably get two complete trucks for the cost of kitting up an aftermarket or buying up a complete used top assembly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks