• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

recoverd my 998 last week

6X6WES

think I got pretty lucky looks like it sat for a while but looks kept up. batt 09 hawkers trying to bring them back now. gp had jumped it and I guess they put some fresh fuel in there I was gonna drain the tank but its running great added some cleaner and drove it to shake it down. everything worked . looks like transfer case was replaced with the driveshafts as well , brakes look replaced (9 years ago) I will redo them. the only things are power steering making a little noise I going to manually bleed, a few lights are out , dash lights to no biggie, and the rt rear tire is sitting in at the bottom looks like maybe hub. lower control arm looks pretty stout and it doesn't look adj. need some time to look closer . all in all very happy parked it in the shop after removing the cargo cover and the radio wires no leaks on the floor the next day ! got a new pup to bear!100_6731.jpg100_6741.jpg100_6722.jpg

6X6WES

No fluids leaking probably means it is out of fluid

yea dog went on first ride and has pretty much claimed the middle. been twisting wrenches for a long while now before I even started it I checked all the fluids, swaping them out now. gonna look into 12k shafts and redo the brakes they been working ok but have been sitting for about 4 1/2 years according to the turn in sheet that was under the seat. and looks like there are some shims on the top of the rear upper control arm so maybe I can adj out my camber issue.

Very nice!! Congratulations on the truck, and the dog!

thanks bill

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks