• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovered M923 from Barstow, Ca

1trucker

Hi everyone. Im new to this site and I am thrilled to tell you I have recovered my new 1985 AM General M923. The next step is to register it here in California. I have a CDL so that wont be a problem. Any suggestion on how to go about this?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the madness. I am also partial to tan m923's :)

Might check out if they have historical or antique plates as they might me be cheaper than regular due to the weight but I am in the other LA ( Louisiana) I am sure the ss members in California will chime in.

Blendmaster2002

Use a DMV Service!! I see your in Phelan, Iam in Hesperia Setting up appointments at the DMV is a few months wait usually, AAA will not do them over 10,000 GVW not even vin verification,I will Send you A PM with the DMV Service I used and all ins and outs to be ready with, once you get a price from them for vin verification and titling/Registering you will see its not worth all the hassle of back and forth, plus the service I used should have it down for Military trucks now they have done 4 for me and 2 for my Dad, and will be doing my trailers soon.

Blendmaster2002

Hey if you can come to the SoCal meet next weekend it’s from the Dec13-16, you don’t have to be in a Military vehicle to attend, I went inmy pickup last time, I will be going fri-sat, and you could meet some of the SoCal members and see there mv's, FASTNOVA has a 5 ton like yours he will be there.

Here’s a link to the SoCal Pre-Doomsday meet:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?97259-Socal-Pre-Doomsday-Meet&referrerid=19939

Here’s a link to the California peeps thread:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?77983-California-Peeps&referrerid=19939

Oh yeah, Welcome to the Site!

1trucker

Yeah. I definatly would like to attend that. I hope I can make it as I am a trucker and never know what part of the world I'll be in and when. But if I am in town, you bet I'll be there.

Clark19

Colonel, please also send me the contact info for the DMV service you used....so I can use it to register a M923A2 I hope to buy next month.
Clark

MtnSnow

btw Blendmaster2002 is listed as a "Colonel" due to the amount of posts he has on the site......Just like you are listed as a "private"

djwalton

Hey Blend,
Just saw your post about the registration service you use and was wondering if I could get that information from you as well? I want to get all of my ducks in a row to save myself any headaches. I'm also in Menifee btw.

Thanks for any help.
Dave Walton
djwalton@hotmail.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks