• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

recovered my new Pioneer Tool Traler

tacmedr17

I went and recovered my New Pioneer tool Trailer yesterday. I had been looking for one for some time now and got lucky this one was only about 25 miles from home and I got it for fairly cheap from a GSA sale.
Its a 1967 M116A1 trailer but has a 1978 Tool body. The tires are like new and only a very little surface rust . All I really need to do is remove the CAT yellow paint and the safety yellow that is under that and get a coat of drab on it and it will look great.
The one thing that did catch my attention was that the NSN on the trailer appeared t originally ended with 6779 but had a metal sticker that was falling off that gave it an ending last four of 6780. any reason for this that you could think of!
oh and they let me keep the deep fryer and the MEGA toaster in the back too Lucky Me

Attachments

DieselBob

First time I have seen one of those. Neat trailer. Like Lance said, if I had known about that, you guys might have had more competition for that. With the way the sides open looks like it would make it easier to haul away the bodies :grin:

tacmedr17

Thanks to all who said it looks good, She really is in fine shape! I started removing some of the stickers today and all I have to say is the darn red and white reflective DOT tape must have been put in place to protect it from a nuclear attack. I have never seen that stuff stick like that. after about 45 minutes to remove the triangle on the back doors i thought "hey dumb A## you have a heat gun that should help" no that cooks the stuff on worse than before.
Jeremy at Dist. 9 forestry (Moshannon) said that the trailer had always been stored inside and they had gotten it back about 8 months ago and that’s all the longer it had been stored outside. So lucky me on that one.
Westfolk I was there about 11 then headed to St. Marys to grab some other things, I must have been off the million dollar Highway when you rolled through or you would have passed me. and yes not hard to find at all the rails are less than a stone through out the back door.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks