• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

recovering a deuce with a wrecker?

croftonaviation

Question. It's looking like I might break down and hire a wrecker to go get my deuce at FT. Campbell is there a specific way to hook to it without screwing any thing up? Thanks

mckeeranger

Trailers make it easy,

Our XM817 has been moved by a landoll (clutch went out) but we had to remove the exhaust stack because it was a few inches above the "overheight load" limit. Landolls are tall trailers, and the XM817 is a fairly tall truck.

Both our M35A2s were brought in on a lowboy, even though we could have driven one of them. No height problems there.

If you go with a tow truck, here is a link to a post in another thread that shows a method of hooking up: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/464379-post28.html.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There are several guy on SS that do recoverys...HEAVY is a good guy to work with, met him at Redstone and watched him pick up a vehicle...very professional working with GL folks and tying it down. He has the equipment to do the job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks