• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovering at Camp Dodge.

gonorth

Where exactly is their 'north' lot? We recoverd three on Friday that were in two differrent lots that I would have considered to be ' north' and they were listed as driven to lot and ran fine.

One was about 200 yards past where the blacktop road and tank trail merge into just a gravel road/tank trail. The other lot is farther up that road then to the right where you have to turn right, then after probably 250 yards going east it is on the left. Most, maybe all of the trucks sold in sale 4115 were on these two lots.

Good going geting your beast running. How did you know the root cause was the fuel pump?

mastrb

I just got my 2nd truck out of Iowa. Paper work sent to Battle Creek.
Shooting for 4/10 for recovery.
Pics to follow.

Gastrap

I started a few on the north lot, wouldn't say all the "junk" went there. The majority of the VERY rusty ones were on the west lot backed up to the berm.

ohnuts

Was lucky enough to have a clear picture on the one that I did purchase down to the number on the bumper. Scott was checking three other vans I had questions on. He was able to decide if the exhaust stack was above the drivers head comming out of the box. Guy was willing to try and learn. Now wether I'm buyng a luck van or unlucky?

gonorth

Yes, they have a forklift, probably more than one. They lifted my trailer out with it and I saw them puting another trailer on a duece for somone. In fact, if you just got that generator they carried it out to the lot where my trailer was when they recovered my trailer. It wasn't listed on an auction yet and I never thought to look it over at the time or you might not have gotten it. :-D

Yes I agree Scott is willing to learn, but he has a long way to go. He was very interested when a newbie asked him about heaters and he was right in there with us when I volunteered to show the newbie what to look for under the hood and in the cab.

rat4spd

gonorth, you wouldn't have gotten that generator, I guarantee. I got it because long after I got outbid, I accidently placed my Deuce bid on it. I didn't want it for what I paid for it. But I have it, and I am going to use it.

ohnuts

I'm going to Fort Dodge in the next week our two and will take a lot more photo's myself this time. Went to Redstone for my M35A2 and the person with the camera forgot to take any. :cry:

Then I have to get a CDL and a tractor and a flatbed, yeah thats it.:-D

Last edited:

gonorth

Bidding Error

gonorth, you wouldn't have gotten that generator, I guarantee. I got it because long after I got outbid, I accidently placed my Deuce bid on it. I didn't want it for what I paid for it. But I have it, and I am going to use it.

ROFLMAO, Now that's a classic. I guess it is good for you that I didn't bid it up another 500 or so. :roll:

rat4spd

There was no more room to go. I was hitting the deuce a little at a time, and when I slammed down the bid on the gen accidently, my bid, as large as it was, was like 50 bucks higher than the guy that had REALLY wanted it the whole time. And he wanted it pretty bad, must be because of the ASK enclosure.

You couldn't have bumped my bid up any higher. If I had bid 50 bucks lower, the "other guy" would've had it and I'd have been happy.

It went for good money. Stupid is as stupid does.....:oops:

Sometimes it sucks being on the other side of that statement.

On the bright side, I don't think I overpaid what it is worth, IF it is a good genset.

Last edited:

Highwayman87

Where exactly is their 'north' lot? We recoverd three on Friday that were in two differrent lots that I would have considered to be ' north' and they were listed as driven to lot and ran fine.

One was about 200 yards past where the blacktop road and tank trail merge into just a gravel road/tank trail. The other lot is farther up that road then to the right where you have to turn right, then after probably 250 yards going east it is on the left. Most, maybe all of the trucks sold in sale 4115 were on these two lots.

Good going geting your beast running. How did you know the root cause was the fuel pump?
The paper work that you get with your truck( if you get any at all) lists all the defects that were found when it was turned in. Mine stated that it had an inoperable in tank fuel pump. The guy that took me to the truck, which is actually in a north east lot with the wrecked or non running vehicles, said the truck was pushed in and they could not start it at all. What was cool was I got a lot of NEW parts. New air compressor, master cylinder and air pack, 3 or 4 new tires, I can't remember, replaced the trany seals, new mirrors. It had a complete cargo cover and spare tire and top. All the guages work, has air operated front axle which is nice, no heater though. I only paid $1450 for it and the new parts, if I were to have bought them, would have cost more that what I paid for the truck. I guess I just was lucky. :-D

rat4spd

I just called Scott to set up an appt to look at my truck, and he said he works at Rock Island, and gave me another number to call at Camp Dodge. Who have you guys been contacting?

gonorth

Scott is hardly ever there. Call SgtMajor Louie Wolfgram. Which is likely the number that Scott gave you.

The setup there sucks. Our government pays GL to do this stuff and in this case the National Guard still ends up doing most of the work.

If you know where the truck is parked I wouldn't even bother to call. You can get in the gate with your DL and just drive to the truck and look at it. You only need to contact Sgt Wolfgram if you are doing a pickup or don't know where the truck is parked. Just my take on it... If that fails they are there 7-4 weekdays and you can call them when you get there.

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was no more room to go. I was hitting the deuce a little at a time, and when I slammed down the bid on the gen accidently, my bid, as large as it was, was like 50 bucks higher than the guy that had REALLY wanted it the whole time. And he wanted it pretty bad, must be because of the ASK enclosure.

You couldn't have bumped my bid up any higher. If I had bid 50 bucks lower, the "other guy" would've had it and I'd have been happy.

It went for good money. Stupid is as stupid does.....:oops:

Sometimes it sucks being on the other side of that statement.

On the bright side, I don't think I overpaid what it is worth, IF it is a good genset.

I think the IMPORTANT thing to remember is I got a good laugh out of it! And you can't put a price on that!

gonorth

Yey Rat4spd, I just had a brainstorm and an offer to bail you out of your bidding mistake and the risk that this genset could be a lemon. I'll give you $100 for it right now, you sign your final paid invoice over to me for pickup and it eliminates all the risk of you being stuck with a pile of scrap iron and copper. :-D:twisted:

Stupid is as stupid does.....:oops: (Could it happen twice)

2027Deuce

GL Scott was also a Sgt. Major so he knows more about those trucks than he is letting on. He lives in Ill. and covers a hugh area for GL so best call Sgt. Major Wolfgram. I have found everyone at Camp Dodge to be very helpful, it sure is a nice training facility and yeah they have alot of trucks left to auction.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck with all of those Cali requirements bro. :p
Well there's no requirement for me to have a heater or drive in the white stuff.:p

Besides, living so close to Miramar, Camp Pendleton, 29 Palms and Barstow the CHP is used to seeing deuces roll down the 15 in the slow lane. I'll just get a sign that says "Convoy End". They'll think I'm just trying to catch up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks