• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

recovering m871 with m818?

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can get to the lower edge of the ramps, HOOK up your air lines to the trailer, set your trailer brakes, then back up, sliding up the ramps till the 5th wheel, then to the OPEN latch, a slight pull forward to check the latch lock, your done

You are making a rocket launch out of hooking up a trailer
The issue wasn't the knowledge required to hook up the trailer, it was to ensure the M871 trailer would fit on the M818 with larger tires.

It sounds like the job is complete now anyways.

fasttruck

If you can get the end of the ramps behind the fifth wheel under the front lip of the trailerand you are not on ice or muid the tractor will scoop up the trailer. Everything has to be level side to side. In service we would relay trailers brought up with M915s and dropped to the field with M818s or brought in with M818s and run out with M123s also with higher fifth wheels. Care has toi be taken (brakes charged or chocked) to prevent the trailer from moving backwards with the higher tractor and then folding up the landing legs and when dropping a traikler from a high tractor when it is known that a low tractor will couple to it next we would not crank the legs all the way down to facilitate lifting the landing legs under load. The difference was determined by measurijng the height of the sand pads off the ground and most drivers who did this work were aware of how much to leave.

tiny110

Banned
Yea it works! No prob. Just needs to be dropped and picked up on flat ground. I would put up pics but i cant up load from my cell.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks