• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovering M936/A2 out of New Castle, DE tomorrow 1-17-14

PowerstrokeNC

Hey guys,

I currently own a M923 A1 5 ton so I am familiar with the basic platform, but with this being a wrecker I wanted to check in with y'all and see if you had any pointers of things I should check or keep an eye on? (I have a lot to learn about with this beast)

I will be traveling south from DE through DC then Richmond and down on into Greensboro, NC. Anything I should avoid highway wise? Driving in today made me realize the tolls going back are going to be more with 3 axles!

I should be rolling by lunch or a little after, if I have any unforeseen delays, I will punt and depart Sat AM, no sense in trying to navigate DC traffic on a late Friday afternoon....

Any suggestions or pointers would be appreciated, thanks

Saturday is still a mess around DC . I try to yake 95 south to outer belt to 66 , then 29 which will put you near Danville. Theres no easy way to greenboro ,it being so far west. I travel this route about once a month and its the shortest way. 81 adds a hr and theres long stretches of no exits if you have a problem. Good luck and Godspeed!

tstates

Congrats. I just recovered a M923A2 from Sparta WI. To Charlotte NC. Last week. 1043 miles, 700 in heavy rain. I had Jeff L. help with the process. He was invaluable. If you have some help, take it for sure. I had tolls all through ILL. and WV. The most expensive was $4.50, not bad. If you think you may have any chance of rain, I would tape up those leaky front windows. My knees were wet and boots were full of water. I just forgot to do it. The poor people in Charleston WV. The toll ladies thought I was with the service or the FEMA. They kept asking what unit I was with and if I was delivering water. LOL Bot what an adventure. Everything worked perfect at first. I had one failure, the oil psi went TU. Today, took it out for a drive and the CTIS wiged out, 5 flashing lights. I have been reading up, and hope to figure it out by the process of elimination. Found one leaky fitting on rear tire and the dryer in cab was filled with dirt and the diaphragm inside was in crooked and unseated, those to fixes were easy but did not solve the problem?? What a fun truck to play with though. Good luck. they seem to have some very nice Rigs up there.