• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovering two M923A2's from Ft. Riley tomorrow and headed South to Oklahoma

Chautauqua

We are picking up two M923A2's tomorrow morning at Ft. Riley and hopefully headed South by Noon. You should see our convoy on either I35S or Hwy 77S. We haven't decided on the route yet. Any route suggestions?

Chautauqua

M1075

Are you planning to drive these or haul them? Either way, make sure you paperwork is in order. I have heard from a few friends that had run-ins with the popo in Kansas when bringing trucks back to OK. Good luck with your recovery and trucks!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If you got the rebuilds there is no BII on them and not a lot of fuel. I would go west I-70 a couple miles to the wally world/cracker barrel exit & fuel up. Then head west about 45min to I-135 south you will pass with in a mile of BFR it is just east of I-135 less than a mile and is the first exit on I-135 if you need parts or tires. Then it's south bound and down. 2cents Have a safe trip!

Chautauqua

Recovery went almost flawless. They were two of the rebuilt ones that look basically brand new. Robert with GL was very helpful. We had a dryer issue and solicited the help of Jerry from Gross wrecker(highly recommend) but other than that I couldn't of asked for a better recovery. At Jerry's recommendation we took I77S all the way to Oklahoma and made very good time. The wind was 20-30mph headwind but we were still able to travel 50-60mph most of the way. We took I-35S in Oklahoma and had to fight the wind somewhat more. We split the trip up between three drivers so only one of us drove the entire time. This was my first time driving a M923A2 and I was more than pleased. Fort Riley was very easy to recover from. It took maybe thirty minutes from our appointment time until we were off base.