• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery advice

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate to throw yet another wrench in the soup but pull starting an unknown truck scares me. I've had runaways and if it weren't for reading about others mishaps, I would not have been prepared to stop it. Trucks that sit for a while can start up and run right up against the governor. Stop cable won't stop that. Be prepared to block off airflow to the arifliter with a piece of plywood. Have the bonnet off for sure before the start attempt.

NewWheeler

All,
Thanks for the valuable input. I can't ignore the resounding cry to abandon the tow strap idea. I'll figure something out in order to jump it and if that doesn't work I'll have to have it towed off base.
The truck is in Texarkana and I'm in Fort Worth a total of about 200 miles one way. The 5 mile question was in regards to just getting it off base where I could work on it.
Has anyone had any experience with Red River? Are they likely to allow me to tinker with the truck for awhile in order to get her running or are they more likely to tell me to get her the heck off their lot?