• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

recovery complete!!!!

roscoe

Hey speedmon, one of my trucks had the same slipping clutch deal and I got a ticket on I-80 in IL to boot. Glad to hear ya got it home and the trucks good overall. Must have been the same guy servicing the trucks.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sorry to hear that. WHAT IN THE NAME OF GOT DID YOU GET A TICKET FOR? It couldn't have been for speeding...LOL.

Yeah, I got home safe, the truck is great. The body has issues I wish I didn't have, but the drivetrane is in awesome shape. I'm pulling the tranny tomorrow and cleaning the crap outta the clutch and flywheel. While I'm in there I'm going to change the rear main, whether it needs it or not.

How are your trucks? Did you get two winners???

roscoe

The ticket was for no registration. He said we had to park the truck at the next interchange but that he wasn't going to come back and check on us. The guy who was driving one of the trucks for me got seperated from us and fell behind and got pulled over. He freaked out after the ticket (even though I'm paying for it) and didn't want to drive the truck any more. My back-up driver followed suit (always does what the other guy does type). My nephew was also along but I didn't think he would be able to operate the truck. We left the truck in a parking lot in IL and I drove the 1st truck home. Got home about 12:30am. I lucked out because my stepson just happen to be home and willing to drive me back to get the other truck. Got home around 12p. Looong day. Both trucks ran great other than the oil on the clutch. I think the guy felt obligated to give a ticket since the traffic stop took so long. I had to circle back around on the highway to give the officer my insurance and purchase information. He had no idea what to do and had to call his supervisor, thats when he settled on the no registration thing.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm really sorry to hear that man. I'm not telling you what to do by any means, I'm sure you have way more experience with these beasts than I do. But since they came from the same base, they probably had the same joker working on them (or not working on them). I would be pulling that transmission to check out the clutch and clean it up before driving it much more. I posted a thread about tearing mine apart and what I found...to say the least, it wasn't pretty.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovry,
I read that whole this....NOW THAT"S AN ADVENTURE!!!!!

That makes my recovery effort seen rather tame. Like you in that adventure, I was very thankful to have the entire SS group behind me. This has got to be the best site I've ever seen. I'm planning on going to the VA rally this fall unless I get called back to work, I can't wait to meet some of these great folks on here.

roscoe

"I'm really sorry to hear that man. I'm not telling you what to do by any means, I'm sure you have way more experience with these beasts than I do. But since they came from the same base, they probably had the same joker working on them (or not working on them). I would be pulling that transmission to check out the clutch and clean it up before driving it much more. I posted a thread about tearing mine apart and what I found...to say the least, it wasn't pretty."

I read that thread and it gave me some consern, so I will be checking that out later in the year when I have more time.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully, yours is in better shape than mine was. I really think the clutch in mine was there for a long time, but the transfer was new and the tranny looks fairly fresh. I think they just replaced the parts and didn't look at anything else while they had it apart.

When you do it, if you need anything let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks