• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery M818 from Camp Dodge

pad_cdr

Picked it up today

Picked it up today. I had gone out last week and rebuilt the master cylinder, but today when we got to move it, the left front wheel cyclinder locked up.

Bled it free, but figured it was better to tow it the 8 miles home than to try to cap it off or do something else.

Hooked up the medium tow bar to the deuce, and set off down the road. I hit 30 mph a couple of times, but for the most part kept it at 25, and got home just fine.

No problem at all tracking around corners, I did get a good push down one of the steeper hills, but other than that, it towed like a really big m105 trailer.

2404 that came with the truck shows the most serious problem (other than the brakes) is a door hinge and a worn belt.

The only bad thing is I leave for a week in San Francisco tomorrow, so I can't work on it until I get back.

Let's see if I can ge tthe pictures uploaded correctly.

Attachments

pad_cdr

Just ordered a wheel cylinder. Figure I will replace the existing one with new, and then rebuild the old one for a spare.

Has anyone run across a good thread that suggests what parts, fluids, etc. to carry or have on hand as spares? I've run across a few, but nothing I would call comprehensive.