• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery Mission Tomorrow

WildSide

I am leaving from Rock Hill, SC this evening going to Camp Lejeune to pick up my Deuce. I'll be driving it back from Lejeune tomorrow morning on the southern route across Hwy 74. I shouldn't need support, but just in case I'll take my laptop. Jimmy from Jimmy's Auto got it from the GL lot and is holding it on his property for me. He did the once over on it and gave all systems the thumbs up. That gives me the luxury of time in going through everything twice before hitting the road home.

I've read the TM's, the sticky on what to take and other than needing new batts I think I am in pretty good shape. Let's hope for a fun rescue mission.

I might take pics.

Ryan

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ryan,
Have a safe trip, and come down to Shaw Fest on Sept 6. Shaw AFB in Sumter is having an air show that Saturday and the MVCSC will be having a static display of army and navy vehicles there. I won't be able to make it, but just look for the guys with the Palmetto Calvary patches on their shoulder. The WWII re-enactors group from Charleston will be there too!

WildSide

Made it home, no problem. The frame oiler seemed to do it's job so I have some work to do. Used maybe a quart the whole way so I am not too worried and some of that from the slobber during cool down so not bad at all. The oil filter housing looks to be the culprit for the rest, I need to do a full fluid change anyway and can check that out then.

Thank goodness for Peltor tacticals. I wasn't uncomfortable at all over the 260 miles. I also think staying off interstates was a good idea, I was able to run the speed limit most of the way and didn't tick off too many people. The truck runs great at 50-55 and pulls hard even at those speeds. I am tickled.

I will get pics later today. My girlfriend ran chase for me so when we got home yesterday, I took her to a nice dinner and didn't have a chance to take any.

She kept commenting on how happy I looked during the drive home, duh.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job and glad to hear all went well. We are anxious to see pics of the beast.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Pics

OD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Pics

Have you seen YankeeDuece's black truck? It looks great!

Attachments

WildSide

Re: RE: Pics

doghead said:
Have you seen YankeeDuece's black truck? It looks great!
Thanks DH, that is a great looking truck! I might use black primer while I am prepping it for paint and see if I like it. Black primer should be a good base for either color. We'll see. Simply put, she needs paint. There are a few cancer spots that will need patching too. I can't wait to tear into it.

First, I need to redo all the grounds so I can have some lights. Ha.

Ryan

wsucougarx

RE: Re: RE: Pics

Nice truck. Is it pretty standard to see hardtops on winch trucks? On a typical truck, does anyone know about how much more they go for on GL on a winch w/hardtop over a wo/w w/softtop? I'm trying to gauge it on the next auction. Actually I should ask this, if I bought a truck wo/w and w/softtop what would I expect to pay for a winch setup and a hardtop? I'm thinking it's probably best to find one on GL thats good to go

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
RE: Re: RE: Pics

that gloss black looks nice, but I don't think it would work well with my every other year wash schedule.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks