• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery next weekend...

SPCWarning

That sucks. Sorry to hear that. Many times I've been all excited about something and at the last minute it would get put on hold or even fall through. (not by my choice). That kinda knocks you on your butt. Get up, dust yourself off, plan the next attempt.
You didn't make an arse of yourself, it wasn't your fault.

.......Still subscribed and waiting.

Jimmy

Norseland

Heath,

Sorry to hear that partner. I'm not sure exactly how your paying for it, but something about wood.
I got screwed bad up here by a logger who went nuts all in one year screwing people.
The courts really dont work to well in your favor when a guy is a bustout, but he continues to make money...
Anyway, I wish you luck on the next one, it's obvious it will happen, you've been here long enough to show you want it. Some things are better when waiting and going about it right.

john

Heath_h49008

Thanks.

I am sinking my savings into the truck to make money with, it as much as to enjoy and do work on my own property. The whole logging deal was going to be my job. It has to earn it's keep, just like I do.

I'm a full-time student again. After going through a divorce a year and a half ago, I didn't have any bills, savings, or wife and step-son to support. I was finally free to stop working 50hr weeks and go back to finish my degree.

I have all of the trucks money... but with the logging deal gone tits-up I no longer have a secure income for myself. I can't risk spending my savings when my income source dries up. As many of you guys know... jobs are darned hard to come by. The logging deal was with an older guy who has done it all his life and claimed to have to properties and equipment ready to go. (Only thing missing being a truck big enough to get the sawlogs out and to the mills.) Turns out he didn't have the anything but firewood left on the stands, and didn't have any equipment to actually do it. He wants me to buy a skidder and a loader and maybe we can find more logs. He's a "good old boy" who just didn't want to admit it until the last minute. He's in remission from cancer, and I almost feel bad having to press him. He seemed to think I could log off my property to get working capital from stumpage... which is not possible with the property in the trust and nothing we ever discussed doing... He was blowing smoke the way old guys do when they want to feel useful. I simply know now i need to take what he says with a larger grain of salt.

I'm just securing another income source so I can be certain I don't come up short next month. It doesn't do me any good to buy the truck and be tapped out with no money coming in for insurance, repairs and bills. As it stands, I have all the money I need to bring her home, and the second I get a hard answer from one of these companies that claim/claimed to want me so bad, I'm driving my happy butt up there and picking up my truck.

But I am going insane waiting....:cookoo:

Scrounge41

Hi Heath, I am the recent purchaser from GL of a 109 that I hope in time will help pay it's own way. I also have spent a lot if time around logging crews and know that even with the best modern equipment, repairs are frequent because it is such a harsh work environment. I would recommend that you have some serious financial backup to cover repairs/downtime before you commit. Even if you have all your equipment running great, supply (landowners) and demand (mills) can shut you down. Know your risks, and I hope it works out for you.

Heath_h49008

I have enough on my plate with the farm to have no desire to get into the logging industry. If they had just needed a truck to haul a few dozen loads, and to drag some stuff around the half frozen woods... that's one thing.

If they expect me to then buy all of the equipment, do 90% of the work, and make all these investments based on scant "maybe" jobs... they have another thing coming.

I was sold this plan based upon them having everything ready.

I'm out of the logging biz. I'll be working a 9-5 slinging autoparts, turning a wrench, or managing inventory for somebody in a few weeks. When that is secure, I'll go pick up the truck. I just want to make certain my butt is covered first. I'm certainly not going into debt for a toy.

DeucesWild11

Things will work out for the best. I remember buying my house and planning a big addition when the town changed all the rules and wouldn't let me build what I wanted.. I was devastated, sunk a bunch of $$ into that house already... Well just down the road I found a nicer bigger house and was thankful that I never did that addition. At some point you'll look back and say thank god that didn't work out.. Best of luck getting your truck.. I have seen you on here for so long I just assumed you already had one.. ha ha.

Heath_h49008

I plan EVERYTHING when it comes to major purchases/hobbies. Sometimes I talk myself out of it and avoid bad decisions.

I'm delayed a month... give or take. I'll just keep searching Youtube for new vids to get my fix like any other addict until my green crack arrives. :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks