• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery of 817 dumper from Sparta Wisc.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its a long shot but verify that no coolant got into the muffler and is now boiling off. Had that happen on a car once after a repair and I almost tore the engine back apart for nothing.

grunex125

Raw fuel comes out black, that's why guys with tuners turned up on their pickup diesels blow a lot of black smoke.

I guess I was of the mindset that partially burnt fuel comes out white. some of the possibilities that keep running through my mind are fuel pump timing, valve adjustment (due to a rookie setting valves for the first time) and fuel pump pressure. Valve adjustment will be checked again soon, (always a good thing to do anyway) This smoke is deffinatly acrid, and holding a mirror up to the exhaust debunks the idea of moisture. (checked that tonight)

Just a long shot here..........if the fuel pump pressure is set too high, is there a possibility that it could be overcoming the springs at the injectors or forcing past the injectors into the cylinders on an off cycle?

Cam shaft timing off 180?

thinking a reward may be in order........ twelve pack for the winning solution?

we've got most of the testing equipment needed to check things out so fire away!

grunex125

After doing a search on google on the matter here I've come across a few links. something to chew on I guess, and I'm open to opinions.

White Smoke Emissions in Diesel Engines
Diesel Smoke tells YOU a Story…

and for you guys with the 6.2L GM's

Diesel Trouble Shooting

also..........I'd like to know if anyone ever used these products before? what kind of luck have you had? I hope I am not going against forums rules here, If I am I wish to apologize to the moderators and if need be the mods can remove the link.

http://www.neptuneproducts.co.nz/sh....+DIESEL+engine+Hi-PERFORMANCE+quad+pack.html

Last edited:

Danger Ranger

TIE6044, I am into tuck and tractor pulling, it is my major hobby. Raw fuel comes out white or gray, and you will smell it. Black smoke, rolling coal, whatever is from pumping more fuel through. It may be getting burnt, but there is so much that it can't have the nice emissions a stock engine would.

grunex125

TIE6044, I am into tuck and tractor pulling, it is my major hobby. Raw fuel comes out white or gray, and you will smell it. Black smoke, rolling coal, whatever is from pumping more fuel through. It may be getting burnt, but there is so much that it can't have the nice emissions a stock engine would.

and "smell" it we do practically chokes ya if we are too close to it, and hard on the eyes too!

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DR, ya I guess after rethinking it I would not refer to it as raw fuel, rather the result from pushing so much through it.

JBL

Thanks Grunex125 and 1 Patriot-of-many for the positive feedback on my services. I sure do appreciate it and am glad I could be of help to you.

Jeff
JBL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks