• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery of M105a2's from Nellis, NV

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I headed out at 0200 from the house and I got to the GL lot at 0920. Got loaded up and tide down and headed for home at 1040.
Went thought a rain storm, that was not fun. Found out the windshide wipers on the truck do not work worth a Dxx!!!!
Got home at 1830, long hard day and 555 miles on the Deuce.

The two trailers are nice with all the bows, sides and Nice covers!!HA:smile:

The truck and trailers weight was 19990lbs

I did see this place that had Deuce on sale 3 of them at a time!!!!!rofl

Well that is about it. Good road trip!!:driver:

Attachments

Ressoldier

Islandguy-I know the ones I have seen there ar Nellis have required and EUC as well as the M101's. I did see one M101 that didnt have the EUC identifier on it but that was the auction after I won mine. I am still waiting for my EUC to clear before i can get my M101.

M35A2- AZ- Nice recovery, looks like you had it loaded pretty good. Did you leave the sides and bows on to keep them from bouncing around in the bed? I know the reason for taking the tarp off and trying to figure out for when I do my 101 recovery if I want to leave the bows in place or lay them in the bed of the trailer.

Last edited:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M35A2- AZ- Nice recovery, looks like you had it loaded pretty good. Did you leave the sides and bows on to keep them from bouncing around in the bed? I know the reason for taking the tarp off and trying to figure out for when I do my 101 recovery if I want to leave the bows in place or lay them in the bed of the trailer.[/QUOTE]

Ressoldier- I took the ends off to hold the covers down and the one bow on the towed trailer thinking it my hit the one up high. But I just did not take the time to pull the sides.
It was hot and I just wanted to hit the road.
Do not think it hurts having the sides and bows on it, the end off may help you a little in gas mpg.