• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery of m715 my 1st mv

Duce

I recently won a GSA auction for a 67 m715. It was located in KS 9.5 hrs from me in southern IN. On the way out we blew a tire on the goose neck so we got there to late to get. The next day we were able to load and get on the road. Truck bats were dead, breaks went to the floor. All the time I had to look At it then. On the way home we broke a leaf spring which fount a rear truck tire:shock: fun trip. Should have had it shipped. But was way to excited wanted it home NOW.
Got it home and looked it over master cyl was empty. Radiator no or very little fluid, oil looked new still yellow as well as filter. Had only 18k on odometer. So I installed inline fuel filter filled radiator as well as bleed breaks charged batteries.
Pushed start it fired right up. It ran well for a 40 year old truck that sat for 2 years. Some sea fome and a new air filter made a huge difference. Pict when I learn to post them. Some on 715 zone

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll txt or email any one Picts if they would like to post them 4 me
Easy to post them yourself. They load directly onto the site vs. using photobucket or equivalent type hosting site.

Go down to manage attachments when you post a message (button below the text box and smiley faces), browse to find the pictures when the second window opens and download in that window. Very easy. Hit Preview Post to see them in your post.

If you need any help, let me know via PM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks