• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery Time.....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you got your trucks home safe. Nobody gets hurt driving without tags and such but at least be responsible enough to have insurance. I would also think that if one could afford the fuel to get 2 -A3 deuces home, much less purchase them, they could afford the operators manual and did a little commode side reading before the trip. Don't get me wrong, we welcome folks of like mindedness but ya gotta make an effort with this stuff.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Glad you got your trucks home safe. Nobody gets hurt driving without tags and such but at least be responsible enough to have insurance. If one could afford the fuel to get 2 -A3 deuces home, much less purchase them, they could afford the operators manual and did a little commode side reading before the trip. Don't get me wrong, we welcome folks of like mindedness but ya gotta make an effort with this stuff.

Agreed...kill one soccer mom with a minivan full of kids (GOD forbid) with that 13K+ hunk of iron and we ALL will pay.aua

I say if ya can't move em legally...ya don't need em.:deadhorse:

3dAngus

He may have meant insurance card for the state patrolman to see. I was just thinking that when I get my truck, I won't have registration or insurance papers either. I would be covered for thirty days on any vehicle I buy though. Just can't show it to the cop as all my cards are vehicle specific.
Also, I have to get a tag and registration before I can get an official card from my insurer.

Maybe I'm reading to much into this.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd say you guys were very lucky, bad call on driving without the M35 knowledge history. Read, read, read.aua

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
He may have meant insurance card for the state patrolman to see. I was just thinking that when I get my truck, I won't have registration or insurance papers either. I would be covered for thirty days on any vehicle I buy though. Just can't show it to the cop as all my cards are vehicle specific.
Also, I have to get a tag and registration before I can get an official card from my insurer.
I'm in GA as well...I don't think that not having proof of insurance will work. Maybe a copy of your policy stating that you're covered...I don't know.
I will caution this...don't try it in Muscogee County.

You still have 30 days from date of sale to get a tag.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure your insurance company will cover the type of vehicle you have. The 30 day coverage is out the window if your company won't insure that type of vehicle.

State Farm covers my M35 with no problem but won't touch my M818. Do yourself a favor and get a binder in advance.

3dAngus

Make sure your insurance company will cover the type of vehicle you have. The 30 day coverage is out the window if your company won't insure that type of vehicle.

State Farm covers my M35 with no problem but won't touch my M818. Do yourself a favor and get a binder in advance.
Yeah, I could do that with a Deuce. I'm with State Farm. Insurance man says I'm covered for thirty days. I guess I'm thinking of a new car. In Georgia, State cops are wired to a database for all Insurance coverage by all individuals in the state. The card means nothing in a wreck, meaning, it is not proof.

But with all the time it takes to get a EUC, coming up with something from my Insurance Agent couldn't possibly be a problem.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I know I am overly cautious...paranoid is another word...but it has served me well.

Deuces are easy in GA...lots of folks have them insured by almost everyone...and smaller stuff is easy to insure...almost like a pov.

Then...the bigger stuff...like 5tons. I have commercial insurance on mine for weight...and commercial tags...but they are RESTRICTED from commercial (for hire) use.
I made SURE that Progressive had pics of each one to be sure they knew what they are insuring...cause the local agents don't have a clue and a supervisor has to approve each one.

Here's a funny...when I insured Proud American Guntruck, the agent was on the phone describing it. She said..."well..it has 3 axles, it's a really big black truck with a big metal box on the back and big guns on the sides".
I heard the supervisor yell "WHAT"??
I took the phone...and all was good:grd:

Attachments

ApopkaFL

Banned
Glad you got your trucks home safe. Nobody gets hurt driving without tags and such but at least be responsible enough to have insurance. I would also think that if one could afford the fuel to get 2 -A3 deuces home, much less purchase them, they could afford the operators manual and did a little commode side reading before the trip. Don't get me wrong, we welcome folks of like mindedness but ya gotta make an effort with this stuff.

Just a quick note I did have a operators manual for the m35A3. One of the trucks had one inside of it. Trust me I read it and check the truck over with it.

AceHigh

My alternator blew on my A3 also. I took it to a local alternator shop and we came up with a civilian alternative that is doing great, just took a little grinding and fitting. If you can't get the military, you might have to go this route. About $200.

ApopkaFL

Banned
For some reason I thought you were having them shipped...

IMHO it sounds like it could have gone a lot worse. Much, much worse.
I did have them shipped, to a friends shop in Moultrie GA, Then drove them home to FL. I picked up the last on last night. I hauled it on 43ft goose neck.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks