• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recycled M-113 on 5 ton

colomil

That is American Ingenuity!

It looks like in needs some armor between the driver and the engine compartment. Other than that, you have a low-buck MRAP.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has armor between the driver and engine. The engine is outside the M-113 hull.
Actually it looks like they cut that armor out of the front so the dash and firewall from the truck remain. Of course I would think the engine would be more likely to stop a large caliber bullet than the aluminum of the M113.

colomil

I think that is a pretty good idea. If they swapped out the gay street tires for some 16r20's I think they would have a bad a$$ truck. I bet they could built a fleet of these for the cost of one new MRAP!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks