• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recycling Perfectly Good Deuce Bed

cookeemann

I hate to do it, but I have nowhere to keep it nor any way to move it around so she's going to the scrapper this weekend.

I pulled in there a few minutes ago and just couldn't bring myself to do it today. It's in pretty good shape.

I don't have enough posts to put it in the classifieds, so that option's out too so she'll become Chinese lawn furniture I guess.

Only one small rusty area underneath on one of the supports, otherwise perfect. Even has the camo paint still in the bed floor and troop seats.

It just doesn't seem right but being military and space limited, I have nowhere to keep it. I hate to do this.......:-(

Scrap place says they'll hold on to it for a while in case somebody wants it. "Ed's Recycling" in Clovis, NM.

:-(

Attachments

I know some guys that would love it up here, but it's just too far away.

P.S. Have you tried posting in the classifieds? There are guys with much lower post counts that have ads. I would try it but I have a few too many posts.

cookeemann

I'm a Georgia native and am trying to get back towards Atlanta this summer.

If somebody was interested, I might could toss it on my car hauler and bring her out East.

PM if interested. [thumbzup]

Coriolis2K

I know some guys that would love it up here, but it's just too far away.

P.S. Have you tried posting in the classifieds? There are guys with much lower post counts that have ads. I would try it but I have a few too many posts.
yes, I am one of them! Wish it was a little closer as I would certainly be willing to give you cash for it.:-(

ODw/envy

If it was a "C" model I would there tomorrow. I am hoping for someone doing a bobber that wants a regular bed or a 105 (I have one available).

Good luck

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there someone nearby willing to go get it and just hold it until the right person comes along? Isn't NM full of MV junkies?
I'm fairly "close" just across the state line into west Texas.... but please remember that distance is relative out here as compared to the northeast States.

My run to his location would route me through just THREE waypoint CITIES between San Angelo, TX and Clovis, NM.... They are Sweetwater, Snyder and Lubbock, TX... but the total mileage is right at 300 miles.... for reference, New York City to Washington DC is about 220 miles, and you go from NY State, through NJ, DE AND MD to get to DC ! ! !

Hence, way out here, we consider ourselves the West Texas Detachment of the SS.

:driver::driver::driver::driver::driver: Lotsa Driving out here ! ! !

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess I'm lucky. Sold my bed the day after I set it outside, never even advertised it. Someone seen it, pulled in and asked if it was for sale. He said he would mount it on a 2 ton Chevy farmtruck. I got $400.00 for it. Three days later another fellow stopped and asked about the remains of the 105. I stripped all the wiring, lights, jack, wheels/tires and other extras off it and sold it,($100.00). I had another couple guys stop and ask about the third axle. I took it around back as I currently want to keep it for a spare. The bad weather 01/30/2011 didn't even get in the way.

Attachments

cookeemann

I'd buy a lottery ticket if I were you. I now know who got all MY luck...:grin:

She's on my trailer now. Salvage yard removed and loaded it for FREE (taking them all some pizzas tomorrow).

I'm coming to Las Vegas NV in June and 'could' bring it out with me if somebody was interested.........

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks