• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Red Ball Militaria and MV Parts Swap Meet - Jim Thorpe PA March 7, 2015

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be there as usual. Be great to see all the Mid-Atlantic guys again, I'm already suffering OD green withdrawal...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those who have never been to this event, it's really a one day indoor parts swap meet, about the size of a fire hall type event. There are no vehicles on display anywhere, but if you want to drive to the event in your MV, that's fine, just it's a parking lot not a display area. Noone is really there to buy or admire MVs, that's more for bigger events like Gilbert, Aberdeen and MTA Sussex. The indoor tables are usually divided, about half are displaying MV parts (mostly jeep stuff), and the other half is general surplus.

It's a great get-together for those in the mid-Atlantic area, to get out and enjoy meeting our friends in the hobby early in the Spring, in preparation for the bigger shows later on. Maybe purchase some green stuff while we're there.

Is it worth it? Sure! I've been coming to this little swap meet since it was on base at Tobyhanna around 2000 or so. 4 hours north, 4 hours back, a lotta miles for me but I gotta see my friends and inhale some cosmoline and MFP.

215Dave

I'll drive an hour north if someone can tempt me with some Vietnam War militaria to purchase....:lol:
For all viewing, let me know what you have to sell that is from that period

215Dave

This thread is awful quiet....:whistle:
Anyone bringing anything to sell, or just gonna be a hang out? Either one is fine, just want to know if I should bring some cash or not.....

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only two weeks to go, gentlemen. Hopefully this cold spell will break a little bit on the day of the event. I remember in past years, a couple times I got there and the parking lot was half-full of ICEBERGS!

SteveKuhn

Right now, the weather looks remarkably warm for the recent snap around 40 and no real precip. That means things are looking up.

There's always interesting stuff depending on what one is interested in and whether it'll fit on a table. I think that the bigger stuff is usually prearranged and truck swapped in the lot.

Steve

SteveKuhn

If you have an M-Series windshield frame or two - 3/4, 2.5 or 5ton, that you were sending to the scrapper due to rust, I'd be interested. Another little project.

Steve Kuhn

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks