• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Red Dot A/c Question

Gunnlogi

We've installed four of them on our trucks. These all went on slantbacks and they are all "drop-in" and bolt-on kits. Real easy installation but holes will have to be drilled on the rear hatch. I believe one of ours came with brackets for both slantback and soft-top.

View attachment 568012

V/R
Ron
So I'm temporarily removing my Red Dot AC. Because it's only a temporary plan, I'm not going to remove the compressor. I've been trying to find out what size caps I need to get so that I can cap the compressor until such time as I put the AC back in. Do you happen to know what sizes? I've figured out that it's not a standard R134 size...

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you contaminate that compressor to save 20 minutes work you will hate yourself.

IMHO, you should pull the compressor and buy whatever temporary belts you need to make up the difference. (I'm assuming you're running serpentine.)

Gunnlogi

If you contaminate that compressor to save 20 minutes work you will hate yourself.

IMHO, you should pull the compressor and buy whatever temporary belts you need to make up the difference. (I'm assuming you're running serpentine.)
Unfortunately that may have happened before I even bought the truck, judging from the sad state the hoses are in. I'm hoping it's still good, but don't want to keep the system connected right now. But even if I remove it completely I will still need caps to keep it (hopefully) clean once it is off. It is a serpentine belt system.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may have some caps to fit your compressor if you want them. PM your address and I will send them over to you.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately that may have happened before I even bought the truck, judging from the sad state the hoses are in. I'm hoping it's still good, but don't want to keep the system connected right now. But even if I remove it completely I will still need caps to keep it (hopefully) clean once it is off. It is a serpentine belt system.
Or change the belt and add the non-AC pulley back into the syste.
simplicity would depend on what version of serpentine you have.
On the old style serp, they add the compressor, a red dot specific idler pulley and longer serp belt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks