• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Red Dot AC Part Number for Slantback Trucks?

Lawdog734

I'm shopping around for a Red Dot kit to install in my M1044A2 slantback and was curious as to what part number is suitable for installation in this truck? Looking at the various kits out there, it's obvious that some kits include components that others don't have, so I want to be sure that I get something that keeps me from scrambling at the last minute for additional items.

While I know the 11 series trucks are available now, this one has sentimental value as it's what I drove when I was in - but the AC sounds more appealing every day with this heat.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm shopping around for a Red Dot kit to install in my M1044 slantback and was curious as to what part number is suitable for installation in this truck? Looking at the various kits out there, it's obvious that some kits include components that others don't have, so I want to be sure that I get something that keeps me from scrambling at the last minute for additional items.

While I know the 11 series trucks are available now, this one has sentimental value as it's what I drove when I was in - but the AC sounds more appealing every day with this heat.

Thanks!
Finding the exact kit for the slant back may be a bit of a chore, there were the a couple kits, one specifically built I believe for the m1123’s with the diag module. i would just Find any RD kit for a hmmwv, making sure to find one for a serpentine truck if you ended up buying a v-belt kit, you can buy the correct sanden compressor and mounting kit on ebay Separately, as the vbelt compressor won’t work for your belt setup.
I’ve installed hundreds of these kits…I can show you some custom slantback installs.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finding the exact kit for the slant back may be a bit of a chore, there were the a couple kits, one specifically built I believe for the m1123’s with the diag module. i would just Find any RD kit for a hmmwv, making sure to find one for a serpentine truck if you ended up buying a v-belt kit, you can buy the correct sanden compressor and mounting kit on ebay Separately, as the vbelt compressor won’t work for your belt setup.
I’ve installed hundreds of these kits…I can show you some custom slantback installs.
Steve, not to hijack this thread but, on the Vbelt compressor, can younjust replace the clutch section? I have a brand new Vbelt compressor that I am keeping with the idea of spare and clutch removal. Maybe I have been wrong all this time LOL. I bought the complete kit from Gov planet.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve, not to hijack this thread but, on the Vbelt compressor, can younjust replace the clutch section? I have a brand new Vbelt compressor that I am keeping with the idea of spare and clutch removal. Maybe I have been wrong all this time LOL. I bought the complete kit from Gov planet.
im sure it can be done, but time is money in My shop…plus I have to warrant what I instal, so it’s just easier to install an OEM compressor.
there are lots vbelt belt compressors on the market though…

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they are both GM R4 compressors then yes you can simply change the pulley, probably not hard to find the serpentine pulley ether from a scrap HMMWV compressor or it is likely the same pulley used in some civy applications, as long as you have the 24V coil you should be good to go.
Buy (or get on loan) the correct removal/install tools.
I have no idea what the price difference is but it is not very difficult, you may need to re-clock the coil terminals/leads depending on how the two differ in installation.
IIRC as long as the clutch/pulley/coil is not the failure point you can use any R4 compressor with your clutch/pulley setup, I think they all have the same specs @10ci/rev.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks