• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Red Dot condenser right rear fender

sermis

How well do the right rear fender Red Dot AC condenser work verses the condenser mounted being the rear curtain. I know they only have a plastic shield to keep the dirt, mud, and rocks out. I've heard both good and bad but haven really heard from anyone with first hand experience on then. Planning on adding an AC unit to the HMMWV soon but not sure on the condenser yet. Hat to lose the bed space with the condenser but don't want the fender mount if there are a lot of issues with them either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

erasedhammer

Another option is to get a civi condenser and mount it on the radiator stack. It's not too difficult and can be integrated into the red dot kits.

sermis

I thought about the civi condenser. Need to look more but it's $$$. Fender units I've seen around $200 but civi Seam to be close to $900.

Action

Reddot didnt make the fendee condemsor. The fender unit is a factory installed part. Reddot is aftermarket.
The fender part works good. I have it.

sermis

A lot more searching. I have found H1 HUMMER condenser under $100 but the HMMWV ones are $900+. To me it simply looks like how they mount on the radiator stack is the only difference. And maybe hose connections. If heat starts to've an issue I could add an electric cooling fan I've never done an AC so this is new. Any ideas will help.