• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Red Dot R-9777 Roof Top A/C

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
got my compressor today and took the radiator out just to make things easy. there are 5 bolts just begging to be used for compressor mounting. one lines up perfectly with one compressor ear. have it all planed and will take pics monday. does not look to be more than a half day job.

tom

nhdiesel

I would think the easiest way to install an evaporator would be to grab a heater/ac box out of a common vehicle that meets your specs and swap it over. My father (Beaubeau) and I used a Dodge Ram unit in his International Eagle cab for a project he's doing (not MV related) and it wasn't hard at all, and that was a really large unit. There are much smaller, but still efficient, boxes that would fit in a fairly small place, up under the passenger side of the firewall. Hook up 4 hoses and you are almost done. Run ducts to blower vents that you can put where you want. Hardest part is a 24v fan.

What does the m1008 use...is the fan 24v? If so, maybe use a generic GM heater and AC box, and use the M1008 blower. This would be especially useful for those who don't have heat installed yet.

Jim

yeager1

I saw a semi with a sleeper on it today with a surface mounted condenser, mounted on the back of the sleeper. It was spaced about 3" off the back with an electric fan on it. It was roughly 14"-16" square. It would easy mount under the bed, maybe above the tool rack or fuel tank. I wonder if it was a standalone unit with its own blower/coil for the sleeper? Is anyone familiar with this setup? It would make for a really easy retrofit. Makes me want to go to a big rig salvage yard.

dm22630

I just got some NEW 24 volt Red Dot A/C units in.....I have them listed in the classifieds. I have already sold 6.....

Let me know! I can ship same/next day! :)

Daniel

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Daniel
The kit I got last nite is installed in my bosses hummer. It took 2 of us 3 hours to install it. After doing an install on a vehicle that the kit was made for, and having my deuce on scene, the only difference is the mounting bracket. It looks like M35Tom solved that one in Aug. Looks like I am gonna need 3+ brackets. Great units and thanks. They are hooked on the thought of having A/C. pm sent.. I wish had more light to take pictures of the install... My fingers and toes hurt with the pain from the cold. I am getting old...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks