• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Redneck Frame machine

M35Raider

These are photos of a automotive frame pull we did on my son's car after an accident to straighten the Lincoln Town car after an accident clipped the nose and pushed the frontend over.

The vehilces involved were a Chevy Blazer to secure the rear, a Jeep and Suburban to anchor the front using the Duece with winch, and a snatch block attached to the cowl section of the frame. We had volenteers in the vehicles to hold the brakes while winching with the Duece tied to the large pine tree because it would just drag the truck untill the shear pin let go. We got the car pretty close allowing us to install a new PS pump pully and new belt for moving the car. a Body shop made everything right before we put it back together.

I wish we had taken a video of the pull as the Lincoln would completely lift off the ground as it was tethered between the cables.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's pretty much redneck, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!
As Gunny Highway says: Improvise, adapt, overcome!

45FMJoe

When I was a teenager I crash tested the rear end of a Jeep Cherokee with my '91 Buick Regal. I think because I was considering buying one and wanted to show my parents how they handled impacts? Anyway, I bent the core support inwards on my Buick. My dad and I pulled it back out with a comealong and a really big tree. *shrug*

Whatever works. :D

AMX

I can tell you from experience, pulling is much easier with a Cat 988 loader and a Cat D9 dozer. Frames straighten easily with this combo.

M35Raider

Sorry to think I would try and submit something like that, it is hard to see with the image size compression to get the images posted but the grill still has chipped chrome (we were not able to find a replacement). I will take this as a compliment because I do believe it turned out pretty darn good, even if you get close to it. Yes we fixed the license plate - that was easy just bent not torn or creased. You may notice that the chrome trim around the plate did not survive (man what a tough crowd).

I was a Certified mechanic and my Dad was a autobody repair man for 30+ years. The paint was applied by a friend of his on the Coast who has a body shop. All together the repairs cost $ 2,000.00 with my Dad & I doing most of the labor. Anything more expensive and the insurance would have totaled the car - this way my son gets to keep his first car.

I will say that the Duece has been the most useful - least practical vehicle I own, hopefully I will never be without one.

Attachments

Last edited:
A

A/C Cages

Did you drive the Deuce over the license plate to flatten it? lol

Dont laugh, I used my deuce once to drive over one of my late model sportsman race car hoods that was toasted in a rollover dueing a race last year. Nothing beats 20,000 pounds of metal flattening Deuce.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you drive the Deuce over the license plate to flatten it? lol

Dont laugh, I used my deuce once to drive over one of my late model sportsman race car hoods that was toasted in a rollover dueing a race last year. Nothing beats 20,000 pounds of metal flattening Deuce.
Saving and recycling aluminum cans takes much less storage space when you've crushed them with a DEUCE-Can-Crusher :idea:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks