• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Redstone recovery complete

anthony3478

Well I made it back, let me tell ya, driving a deuce for 3 hours is a workout!! I want to thank my loving wife Amy for driving her car as a support vehicle, and Thanks to Wreckerman893 for calling me back even though I figured it out just as he did call me . I dont think Ill get the " forgot to pull up syndrome" again

Attachments

roscoe

Did you bring extra fuel line with you on pickup? Did you change out the filters and all or just check fluid levels? I'm a little aprehenive about changing a bunch of stuff out, before a long drive, because it could creat more problems if things don't seal up correctly. I will have about a 8 hour drive if all goes smooth.

anthony3478

Roscoe, no I brought compression ferals and inserts but the leak was small so I didnt worry with it, I took extra fuel,water, filters, and tools, but only checked levels and took off, went off without a hitch

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the recovery. I have to say though, 3 hrs behind the wheel of a deuce is not much more than a slow dance. You need to be behind the wheel all day for a couple of days to appreciate all that life has to give.

jrou111

Looks good man. As much of a pain it is, I can't wait to drive my next 4 trucks home.

BTW, you should have seen the looks on people's faces when drove through Tarrant :twisted: We had crackheads saluting us :roll:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
A word to the wise for what it is worth.
I just got off the phone with Teresa at GL Redstone.
She is booked solid through the 27th due to a large customer picking up a butt load of trucks.
She is good people and will try to work you in but be patient. There are a lot of trucks up there to be picked up and they only have so many folks.
If you have contacted me about picking up a truck we will be able to get it done but it could be a slooooow process.
In this instance you are prob OK on your pickup time limit but call her and get put on the list.

jrou111

Thanks for the heads up, Wreckerman. I'm still waiting on my EUC to clear, plus I'm busy the next two weeks so I'm not it a huge hurry. I'll make sure to call quickly for a spot once the EUC clears though.

BTW, if you go up there can you check and see if my driveshaft is bent? It's 4107/3655. Also if 4107/3634 is on the lot yet.

Thanks!

anthony3478

yeah Wreckerman you are right there is a lot of trucks out there and Monday the 13th there was at least 5 or 6 there at 9am to pick up. But i gotta give it to Teresa, and her crew they are a great bunch of folks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks