• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registering 5-ton in WV

MOOSERABBIT

Greetings, newbe here, I have searched and have come up empty. Anyone register a 5ton in WV without having to do all the DOT apportioned tags? I already have my CDL so that's not an issue. I'm looking at purchasing a 923A2. Just wondering how to register in WV for private use.
Thanks
Newbe Gary

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Greetings, newbe here, I have searched and have come up empty. Anyone register a 5ton in WV without having to do all the DOT apportioned tags? I already have my CDL so that's not an issue. I'm looking at purchasing a 923A2. Just wondering how to register in WV for private use.
Thanks
Newbe Gary
Pm member WVnewguy.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

WV New Guy

Mine is currently not registered we use it for use on our property in WV despite 28 yrs in the Fire Department no one ever wanted us to have CDLs and I drive a tractor drawn aerial and also a KW with a beer truck body mass casualty unit. My neighbors all have there 5 tons registered for commercial use in construction , one neighbor puts his repair shop plate on his and another only runs deuces . His deuces are registered as jeeps . We did have ours registered in PA as historic but it was a complete pain in the ass. With Memorial Day approaching we will re-register in PA and we get out Commercial insurance through Flo.

Shark Bait

I had two that I just got rid of. I simply took the SF-97's to DMV and got titles for them. I wanted antique plates which are limited to 10,000lbs on 25+ year old vehicles so the lady at DMV put the weight at 10k and told me not to use it commercially. Lol. Antique plates are $3.50 a year and good for 10 years, I think. My insurance was cheaper as well doing antique. That we can't discuss on here.

Dave

motorolanut

Before I sold my M813 years ago I had it registered with class "B" plates in WV with insurance through state farm. When took the initial SF-97 to WV DMV I had it titled as 25995 GVW.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks