• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registering a late model HMMWV in MA

jayfenn

So I have a 2007 M1151 slantback humvee that I wanted to sell to a buddy in MA. It currently has a NH title in my name (I went through the whole legal process with Govplanet and they issued me a Florida title which I turned in at the NH DMV to get the NH title in my name). Does anyone know if its possible to register in MA? I have a few humvees and this one is not currently registered but it is titled. Would I have better luck registering it in NH first so he can go to the DMV with a title and registration or does it not matter?

Any help is appreciated!

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would highly suggest you go to the Taunton MA. RMV as they are the most knowledgeable of the branches. With mine I was able to get it registered with our 6 digit ser number and the style of the truck is a pickup. This location was recommended to me when I was looking to get my M998 on the road and the process was painless.

Hope this helps,

Mark

jayfenn

I would highly suggest you go to the Taunton MA. RMV as they are the most knowledgeable of the branches. With mine I was able to get it registered with our 6 digit ser number and the style of the truck is a pickup. This location was recommended to me when I was looking to get my M998 on the road and the process was painless.

Hope this helps,

Mark
my problem is that its a 2007 not an early M998 so its not antique. I figured there was different rules for the newer ones.

MarkM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have a point as I did not notice she was newer. But that location is still the best shot here in the People's Republic.

Mark

CapePrep

Hope this helps,

Mark
Due to this recommendation, I went to Taunton on 1/23/24 with all of my paperwork form previous owner. And, PO never received a title from his state due to rules there. He bought it from GP in 22, registered it. I had the 97 made out to him, previous registration, bill of sale. The folks in Taunton knew what they were doing and I now have MA plates and a title on the way. The wait at the office was a little bit, but was seamless. Highly recommend.

MarkM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Due to this recommendation, I went to Taunton on 1/23/24 with all of my paperwork form previous owner. And, PO never received a title from his state due to rules there. He bought it from GP in 22, registered it. I had the 97 made out to him, previous registration, bill of sale. The folks in Taunton knew what they were doing and I now have MA plates and a title on the way. The wait at the office was a little bit, but was seamless. Highly recommend.

Glad to hear it my friend. Good to see more green iron in the People's Republic.

Mark

OneShot0311

So I have a 2007 M1151 slantback humvee that I wanted to sell to a buddy in MA. It currently has a NH title in my name (I went through the whole legal process with Govplanet and they issued me a Florida title which I turned in at the NH DMV to get the NH title in my name). Does anyone know if its possible to register in MA? I have a few humvees and this one is not currently registered but it is titled. Would I have better luck registering it in NH first so he can go to the DMV with a title and registration or does it not matter?

Any help is appreciated!
Did you have trouble trying to get it registered in NH? Is that why you did not reregister yours? I have a 2009 and I am starting to go through the process to try and get it on the road and wanted to just ask if you might have any insight. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks