• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registering in MA or RI ?

hankthetank

Hi Guys,

I just purchased a M35A and wanted to get some advice on registering it. I can either do it in MA or RI. Is either of these states easier to get the plates for it. Any advice is appreciated, this is my first time registering as military truck.

Also any insurance companies you recommend for MA or RI. The truck is going to be used for work.

Thank You!

Engine5

Welcome to the site. I registered one of my M35A2's in MA without any problem (sold one). I have antique plates on the one I kept. At first I had commercial but it was over $1200 a year. The truck only went out around 10 -12 times a year so I switched to antique plates. $400 a year and they do not require it to be garaged. I have seen guys register them as reg passenger vehicles (pick ups) by duping the insurance co. But the fact is is that if they mislead the ins company and something happens I doubt they will be covered. Better off to be honest with them just in case. It is a CYA situation. You will need the title for it as they would not accept the SF97 form.
And I will be the first to say thisnopics

pwrwagonfire

I am fairly certain that in our state (Mass) anything over a certain weight MUST be registered as a commercial vehicle...unless you register it as historic as Engine5 suggested.

While getting the title to my M37 at the registry, the gentleman next to me was having an issue which I couldn't help but overhear; he was being FORCED to register and insure his dually as a commercial vehicle, even though it wasn't, because of the gross weight.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks