• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registration in CT question

Milbikes

The truck I am buying has this for paper: an SF97 that assigns ownership to an auction company, along with a printed document from the auction company signing ownership to the guy I bought it from. He will give me a bill of sale assigning ownership to me, and the above mentioned papers. Will the CT DMV accept this when I go to register it? I have had no luck getting through to a human at DMV, and their website isn't much help either. Thanks for any info. Hal

Mudstone

the guy you are buying the truck should have a title at this point in the process from what i understand. have him get a title for the truck

Ken_86gt

Good luck, most states don't even allow you to transfer a title that wasn't transferred properly to the previous owner and the SF97 is not even accepted by many states. Have the previous owner get the title or consider the truck as parts vehicle.

24farragut

i owned and registered an M1009 in ct, and sold it to mudstone. I handed in all the paperwork that gov liqu sent me, then DMV sent me a real title, if i remember correctly. They really didnt give me too hard a time. Things to remember, definitely get the emissions done if it is under 25 years old, and they might make you get the VIN ID done, which is a pain. I highly recommend the DMV In wethersfield, if you get there at 7:50 am, you should have less than a 5 min wait when you get inside. It is worlds better than any DMV i have been to, worth the extra drive.

Mudstone

jeff nice 1008 in the drive. anywho i think the only issue is that the sf97 is to the previous owner. only reason i say he should have a title already is cuz of that. Are you going to Rausch in April?