• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registration in WI

Zimnij Volk

Hey there guys,

Well I've recently moved out to Wisconsin and found Sparta, where GL sells off a lot of CUCVs. I thought that it was a dream come true and intend to grab one before heading back to Oregon in a few years. Biggest problem seems to be is that I've heard of a lot of problems in the past year or so concerning registration. I'd like to use it as a DD so if I can't get it registered it's going to be sitting around until I can move back. That, with the Wisconsin winters, vandals, etc. doesn't bode too well for it.

So, has anyone heard back from an appeal I heard about making it a choice as to what I can register it as? Or is it the same bull about registering it on for parade use?

Also, I located a dealer in Northern Illinois that buys a few CUCVs and cleans them up. They say that they have a title. Could that be a way around it?

Thanks for the help,

~Micheal

kaziboku

I copied this from another post on this sight:

Our bill is now drafted, and and Sen. Grothman's office is looking for legislative co-sponsors. We need your help in urging your legislative representatives (Senator and Assembly Rep.) to co-sponsor this bill.

Please note, this is the first of several steps we need to take. Your support is critical. Please stay tuned for additional actions.

This is the official Legislative Alert, sent today by Sen. Glen Grothman to citizens.

February 3, 2012

ATTENTION WI MOTOR VEHICLE ENTHUSIAST:

You are receiving this email because you have contacted our office in the past regardingyour concerns about TRANS 123 (which has been temporarily defeated) or other vehicle registration issues. Your action is needed to support a bill that is being introduced by Senator Glenn Grothman.

ACTION ITEMS:

1. See the memo below circulated to the legislature today which includes a summary of the bill. If you would like to read the bill it is attached to this email. NOTICE THE SHORT DEADLINE, PLEASE ACT NOW!

2. Contact your both of your Wisconsin State Legislators and tell them to COSPONSOR LRB 3267/1. If you don't know who they are please follow this link: Who Are My Legislators?

3. Forward this email to all of your friends and family and ask them to do the same.

4. Stay tuned for more alerts in the following weeks as we garner support for the bill and move it through the legislative process. We will need your help in the future!

Thank you for your attention and if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact our office at 608-266-7513 or sen.grothman@legis.wisconsin.gov

<<11-32671.pdf>>

Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 11:47 AM
To: *Legislative All Assembly; *Legislative All Senate
Subject: SHORT DEADLINE Co-Sponsorship of: The Motor Vehicle Registration Rights Act LRB 3267/1

608-266-7513 or sen.grothman@legis.wisconsin.gov

DATE: February 3, 2012

RE: Co-Sponsorship request for LRB 3267/1 The Registration Rights Act

SHORT DEADLINE: Thursday, February 9, 2012.

Currently Wisconsin offers many ways to register vehicles; regular, hobbyist, collector, farm, etc. Many types of motor vehicle registration impart operating restrictions ranging from regular registration, which is minimally restrictive, through HMV registration in which a vehicle can only be used to and from special events.

Up until a few years ago Wisconsin residents enjoyed the freedom to own and proudly drive on the roads their vehicle of choice. Due to WI DOT cutting budgets and nonsensical internal philosophies, the agency has been relying more and more on their computer technology to cut corners. This is very problematic when dealing with the large variety of vehicles on the road today.

Many citizens are being improperly denied the registration of their choice based on such insignificant factors as a radio, color, or hubcaps. I found that most of the problems stem from the WI DOT's interpretation of prohibitions based on vehicle condition or equipment and in many cases the citizen's options for proving compliance are limited or impossible. In other cases, vehicles that were previously registered here in Wisconsin are now being denied registration upon change of ownership.

WI DOT's actions have adversely affected citizens, and have had a detrimental impact on the agricultural, forestry, construction, and automotive industries. Their actions have also lead to multiple costly as well as time consuming appeals and ongoing problems for constituents.

This bill was created to address numerous citizen concerns as to the registration of motor vehicles in Wisconsin.

LRB 3267/1 Does the Following:

Repeals a state statute that contains an obsolete reference in law, and has created confusion and misapplication.
Repeals a statute that has taken legally-complying vehicles off the road.
Prevents monetary losses to citizens encountered when a formerly-legal vehicle is reduced to non-highway-legal status for the sake of clerical convenience within the department.
Gives residents the ability to have second chance if the DOT denies registration. The bill repeals two prohibitions which were problematic for motor vehicle owners and instead applies an existing inspection procedure to determine minimum applicable standards to make a vehicle eligible for regular registration. This bill still allows the DOT to deny registration if they have concerns about vehicle condition or equipment, but in the event the application is denied; LRB 3267/4 provides a simple and low-cost way for the owner to verify compliance with the requirements.
Reduces fiscal impact by the citizen bearing the cost of an inspection versus the state employees expending substantial time and resources to determine eligibility.
Makes a change to the requirements for collector car registration by allowing vehicles which have been minimally modified (such as for improved safety or drivability) to register as a collector, so long as they do not substantially alter the vehicle. Thus, remaining true to the intent of the collector plate registration.
If you would like to cosponsor LRB 3267/1 please contact Sen. Grothman's office at 608-266-7513 or sen.grothman@legis.wisconsin.gov by Thursday February 9, 2012.

Paul Underwood and Tom Zat have spent thousands of hours trying to secure our right to drive a truck in WI. Please let your legislators know you support this bill.
Search 'underwood' to find the complete thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks