• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Relay circuit bounce, headlights dimming.

Sp0okfish

The 2 relays next to the Doghead relay. One is "bouncing". Everytime the relay clicks all running lights dim on the truck. The circuit bounce is most of the time fairly fast like holding a ping pong ball close to a table. The lights dim and brighten to the clicking of the relay. Any ideas?

richingalveston

trace the ground wires to that relay. I believe the relays are for the black out lights and the service light disconnect. you probably have bad relays that are not latching and there is probably a bad ground somewhere causing it to continue to try and switch. the lights on and off.

cucvrus

To me the sound you hear and the lights dimming coincide with the glow plugs cycling. This happens after start up or when you have a faulty temperature sensor in the glow plug system. That is what my thoughts are on the issue you are describing. Good Luck. Be Safe.

Sp0okfish

To me the sound you hear and the lights dimming coincide with the glow plugs cycling. This happens after start up or when you have a faulty temperature sensor in the glow plug system. That is what my thoughts are on the issue you are describing. Good Luck. Be Safe.
I totally removed the GP card and put in a push button. To remove that theory. I dont hear the glow plug solenoid clicking when the lights dim. Only time it clicks is when I push the button to cycle glow plubs.Haven't had time yet to check the grounds to those relays beside the Doghead relay. But it is for sure one of those clicking I can hold my hand and feel it going "crazy".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks