• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Relay to turn on brake and turn signals with ignition on?

dmetalmiki

The hazards in my lmtv are activated by a toggle switch in the panel, which I'm assuming gets power all the time. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think changing the power feed to the switch would affect that.

@dmetalmiki For me, my issue is not with forgetting and leaving the lights on. It's forgetting and taking off leaving them OFF. My civilian rides do not require me to manually enable the stop and turn lights every time. For me that is much more of a hazard than needing to leave it switched on to use the hazards (if that were even required).

I'd much rather they come on by default than remain off by default. I can survive the humiliation of forgetting and looking like a dummy, even a ticket for it would not be the end of the world. But man, would I be sad if someone rear-ended my 18k pound truck and got hurt or killed because I forgot to operate the stupid levers. Fixing the all-lights off by default is high on my list.
Good reply...(I just like "Exercising" my 'grey matter' as well as my joints!..)
Most ALL our ' Gang' (When) Traveling in convoy Have ALL the Lights ON.. for just that reason. (Military Vehicles are 'Camo'de for a reason.).
In fact the M62 Wrecker and ALL my Russian stuff travel with the fitted Beacons in action.
Again. GREAT POINT. BE SAFE> .
AS......the BEST way to 'get out of trouble'.......IS to NOT get into 'it' in the first place.:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks