• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

reliable diesel rebuilders?

AJMBLAZER

No, I think it's actually the next generation. One of the Canuckistanians was talking about it in the diesel forum on CK5 recently.

hobie237

As far as I know, the Optimizer is the latest and greatest, but I'll look into what's what. I'm looking at putting a new (rebuilt) 6.5L with a new (rebuilt) SM465, and then I'll basically have a brand new truck. For as little as I use the thing, it'll be my last truck for sure. As such, I'm willing to spend a bit more, as I'm basically looking at a cheap way to get a "new" truck budget, rather than a "keep a clunker on the road" budget. I'd keep the 6.2, but I just don't think it has it in it to pull a race car in a trailer with a weekend worth of tools, etc., up hills at highway speeds.

FLASHMAN

then I'll basically have a brand new truck... I'm willing to spend a bit more, as I'm basically looking at a cheap way to get a "new" truck budget, rather than a "keep a clunker on the road" budget...
Couldn't have said those 2 things better myself... I'm still too young, (I hope) to say this will be my last truck, but as much work as I need a truck to do, I certianly don't mind putting a little exstra dough over time into it considering that it will STILL be less than buying a new truck in the long run...

That and I don't care what anyone says, these new "heavy duty" trucks are not that heavy duty. They may have higher tow ratings, but they simply can't work as hard, for as long, as these oldies but goodies... JMHO

Tanner

At the time that I was selling the Jasper 6.5's to the military, a Running Complete NA engine was ~$4700 + tax... this was 5-6 years ago though -

'Tanner'

hobie237

... and I'm sure the military got a pretty good "volume" and/or "good customer" discount.

Edit- Punched in "2001 AM General- Hummer" on Jasper's website and got prices of $4800 for a complete, $7800 for a running complete. Not sure what other costs would be involved down either route, because I'm too lazy to price the fuel system items that aren't included in the complete. For what it's worth, they list $5400 for a 6.2 running complete.

That's actually not all that bad compared to their prices for a lot of their gas engines and their transmissions.

Last edited: