• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Remember when - Kids and Jeeps

SLEA

Well I thought I'd post a few pics i came across looking for something else.

The story of the Willy's is my cousin owned it years ago, i remember riding in it as a kid, i remember him telling me he could put 5 dollars in it "used for hunting", and it would last for about 2 years.
He died and the jeep sat for probably 8 years, i asked about it and it got given to me, i got it running and it ran like a champ. I was within minutes of leaving for it's maiden voyage down the road and the water pump started pouring and it popped and started spitting oil out the exhaust.
I have many projects and this one has been on a back burner now for many years, my son sitting in it is now 8 he was a few weeks shy of being 1 when these were shot, these pics just make me glow seeing him at such an innocent age.
Gotta treasure the moments, I've been divorced for 7 years now. She would've had a fit if she knew I had him in that rusty old "thing". lol

118-1848_IMG.jpg

118-1878_IMG.jpg

118-1879_IMG.jpg

118-1880_IMG.JPG

118-1881_IMG.JPG

118-1883_IMG.jpg

118-1884_IMG.jpg

119-1921_IMG.jpg

Last edited: