• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removal of loader procedure

joeblack5

Howdy folks,
Some advise and help requested.
I want to remove the loader from the front so that I can tilt the cab and et to the the transmission.
Made a fixture that fits in the rectangular tube attachment under the loader.
Loosened the two bolts on the bottom.
I searched for a procedure in the manuals and on here ... post 102... but not specific.
With a 2-1/2 ton hydraulic floor jack I can not lift the loader of the attachment points. How heavy is this loader. Can it get that stuck?
It lifts the loader bucket an 1" of the ground.
How much does the mog comes up out of the suspension after the loader is removed.

Thanks
johan

Speedwoble

The suspension comes up several inches at least. Mine did get stuck on the wedges at the bottom even with the bolts removed. I used a old chisel or pry bar to convince them to separate.

joeblack5

Thanks folks. Maybe my jack approach is not the best. I was hoping I could do this in a simple way.. Do not new broken headlights. My ego was already hurt enough when a breaker bar let go yesterday..
I am a lucky bastard.. That could have been a lot worse.
Maybe better to take the other flu419 and see if I can lift

Attachments

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wish I remembered how and with what I lifted mine.

May have used the trailer jack mount I incorporated into the stand, or it could've been with the crane. Either way, once the very stubborn bolts came off, the rest was easy.

joeblack5

Thank you all, will try with the loader from the other flu I have...
Had hoped that I could make it into a one person manual field procedure.
Outside of lip healed up well, still a pretty big boil on the inside.
Tooth has a little funny feel to it.

Johan

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can do it, Johan.
Just keep in mind that the lift should be from the vehicle end of the loader, not closer to the bucket. Those lower mounts aren't vertical, and even if they were, they'd fight back.
I probably used a strap on the uppermost tubing, not wanting to have anything in the rectangular receiver, since I needed that open to insert the stand once the loader was loose.

Ferretboy

Hello Johan....hows the flu loader removal going??? Hope is well with all you moggers....crazy world isnt it?....sometimes have to set back enjoy the ride??? Aint nothing i can do to make it a perfect world. You all take care.....be safe.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since I reached the point where I could work the FLUs more than work on them, I haven't kept up with the threads like I should.

But if Johan gets that loader off (and lives to tell about it), then sells it to me, I could hopefully document whatever modifications it needs to accommodate the snow blower.

Yes, the current setup works, but I'd like to improve on it. Besides, it's fun to work on these things, and especially when you don't have to.

Ferretboy

Very nice....very good....oh what did you say??? A snow blower??? Many years ago i got some parts from Shmidt in i think wisconsin....they made the snow blowers...dont know anymore....good luck mate.....power to ya !!!

joeblack5

Hello Folks, all good here, was out of the loop for a while working on converting my e350 school bus / camper to 4x4.
..skoolie.net. Elf bus ..https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f27/elf-bus-e350-corbeil-13556-8.html... Now doing some work around the house. Hope to get back on that loader next week.
Be safe

Johan

joeblack5

Thank you. That is enough to lift and lower the loader on / of the hooks of the mog? I will check the scrap yard tomorrow to see if something is laying around... ...ahh such a German Dutch environment... Love the pavers. Don't see them here very often.. Every time when I go back to the Netherlands I am surprised how organized and perfectly made everything is...... That of course has a good and a bad side.... Migginsbrothers..are you a transplant like Guy.. ..and myself?

Johan

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks