• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Remove MEP-803A Fuel Drain Well Nut

gatorbob

I realize there's a dozen threads on the well nuts and a couple talk about not having to fish parts through the tank by hand. I can't figure out how it's possible to remove the old well nut without removing it from the inside. Am I missing something?

I removed the tank's bottom panel but I think I need to remove the rest of the filler neck so I can get my arm in the tank. Is that right or is there an easier way?

Thanks

Fuel Drain.jpg

Zed254

Read Daybreak's post and pay particular attention to "Here is how it mounts after being put into the hole. "

When you pull the old one out it may look like this.......

Attachments

gatorbob

Thanks Zed254, I completely misunderstood how it was installed in the first place. It seems like it's safe to yank hard on the rubber piece to get it out. Mine is a bit broken and torn up but there's enough to grab on to. I am rereading Daybreak's thread now.

Last edited:

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its not ideal, but sometimes a swift kick to it will pop it out if its real deteriorated (surely a problem when deployed too).

fosgittr

Its not ideal, but sometimes a swift kick to it will pop it out if its real deteriorated (surely a problem when deployed too).
Or you could be lucky like me, and go to drain the tank and have it pop out in your hands. Then you have diesel spilling all over the trailer and down the driveway. And then nasty looks from the neighbors walking by while you are trying to prevent an environmental nightmare. True story.

gatorbob

So I got the well nut out on the 803a. All that’s left is a hole in the sidewalk if the tank? I was expecting some kind of fitting permanently attached to the tank.

I guess it makes sense now that the brass bulkhead gets installed inside with the flange on the inside of the tank.

and I didn’t drain enough diesel out of the tank. Sure hope my TSC stall mat doesn’t disintegrate. Sure is swollen up. Would be a real mess to lift this thing again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks