• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing Flaking paint?

Dodge man

Does anyone have a good way to remove flaking paint and leave the layers below intact? I picked up a bridge plate today that was originally painted bright yellow. It has a layer of black paint and then a layer of green paint on top and they're both flaking off. I'd like to remove them and keep the yellow intact. I used a piece of paper to lift off the loose paint but what's left is stuck tight and I don't want to mess up the yellow by scraping or sanding the top layers. Is there anything that might seep in between the layers and loosen the remaining green and black paint?

scoutmanadam

if there real lose you might be able to get by with a air compressor and air nozzle, if not a pressure washer, preferably a non heated one would work, a heated or steam one might take of the yellow depending on how well its on there

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I figure that if flaking paint in general does not fall off on it's own, does not come off because of wind or rain, or rubbing against it, nor come off going down the road at 60 mph (someday again) then GOD did not mean it to come off and who am i to second guess GOD.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks