• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

removing front winch from wrecker

jesusgatos

Supposing I wanted to remove the front winch from an M936A2 wrecker. How would I go about that in a way that wouldn't compromise the integrity of the rest of the hydraulic system? Yes, I'm aware that removing the winch will make the frontend even lighter.

Hawssie

It should be easy since the front and rear systems use different PTOs and pumps to accomplish their tasks. It depends how much you want to remove. The easiest of course would be to just remove the winch and its hydraulic motor and connect the two hydraulic lines going to the motor together. If you want to remove the pump as well then just remove the lines going to the tank and plug them at the tank. The pressure lines would just go from the pump to the motor and they can be removed with the rest. If you want to remove the PTO then you need to get or make a tin cover for where the PTO came off of the transmission to seal up the trans. It should be straight forward since the front system is from what I can tell the same as the add on front winches for the other trucks so all the parts to not run it would be easy to come by. Could always find someone who wants a front winch and sell it with the requirement that you get his old parts you need.

jesusgatos

Ah, so they're separate hydraulic systems? Well that simplifies things. Can replace the PTO with the cover from the truck I'm going to put the winch on, so no prollem there. Thanks a bunch for the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks