• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing Master Cylinder

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My MC has been linking so I started taking it out. Got it all on bolted and ready to pull out, but I have turned, pulled, pushed and I can not get it out.
The hole in the cross minder has a rolled in hole in it and it is hanging up on
the rolled part of the hole.
Is there something I am not doing right? I looked at the TM and it says to remove air-pack and unbolt and pull out. But it will not come out.

Also the upper bolt on the outside of the MC was a bear to get out.
Is there a secret to getting it out and then back in?

Thanks for help!!!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I use an long ext and run it in/out from behind the x-member. On my first "go-round" it took about 25min to get it out, now for some reason they go in\out much easier. Dunno what to say, once ya figure it out, it'll go faster.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks I will give that a try with bolt.

But why can I not get the MC out of were it is setting?:(

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use a 10" 1/4" socket extension for the upper bolt by the frame. As for the M/C itself, you have to wiggle it around a little and it will come out. I did not remove my airpack.

Boatcarpenter

I can't swear this is what I did because it was quite a while ago, but I think if you remove the boot and push rod from the front it will come out easier. Gives you just the little extra wiggle room you need.
BC

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ODw/envy, My dad would say the same thing!!

Tinwoodsman, The long 1/4" idea work great, but I did not have a 9/16" 1/4" drive, But I got it with a 3/8" drive.

Well I got it out after sleeping on it last night. The problem was the plugs on the side of the MC. It was stop the MC from going into the hole in the cross member. See pic.

Thank to all for your help!!![thumbzup]

Attachments

rlwm211

As I recall, if you turn the master on its side; which way I do not remember; it will come out through the hole fairly easily. I have done it three times on my deuce. I would add, I did not remove the Airpack either.

Best of luck

RL

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry I'm late to the show here. Not all deuce masters have those plugs but the ones that do will require their removal. Good job on sleeping on it before resorting to the gas hatchet.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry I'm late to the show here. Not all deuce masters have those plugs but the ones that do will require their removal. Good job on sleeping on it before resorting to the gas hatchet.

Gas hatchet.....That would of been wrong, BUT I was thinking about, I knew it had to come out some way.[thumbzup]

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I used to remove that last bolt (after reading this thread) was a combination of a deep well 9/16 socket, a six inch 3/8 drive extension, then a 3/8 swivel joint, another six inch 3/8 drive extension, and finally the swivel head 3/8 drive ratchet wrench. Worked like a charm! Now to finish building the pressure bleeder and get busy!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no issues with removing the bolts, my Dad is a TV repair man and has an AWSOME set of tools, but removing it from chassis is tough. Recovery4x4 is correct, the plugs make all the difference. take 'em out and it falls out...almost :razz:b

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks