• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing, rebuilding, reinstalling Hydraulic Head

skywrangler

This is a great thread! Read the whole thing and study the pictures. One question though since I have not seen this issue here or elsewhere. The 3 armed retainer for the button on the HH.... Is it supposed to have 2 or 3 clip parts that hook over the edge. Mine only has 2 and I suspect there are supposed to be 3. While the 2 remaining hold the the button in, it probably is not correct and one of the arms has broken at the bend to form a third clip.. Am I correct that there should be 3 clips fitting over the edge and not 2 to hold the button in? thanks, Scott

skywrangler

Ok in reviewing this thread I now see from the 3rd image, page 1, 3rd post, that the button retainer indeed does have 3 clips, one per arm... darn... mine only has 2..... Clearly the clip has been shed... God knows where it is and what consequence there may be.... Any suggestions? Parts source??? would seem crazy to buy a $1000 remanufactured pump for one part.... thanks... Scott

Last edited:

Radden

Hi, Ambac is the place to order that from. The contact person is Melody Feaster at Phone: 800-628-6894

The part you need is a RG 902 retainer. It is only a few dollars....I just bought a couple recently...... Good luck

[FONT=arial black, sans-serif]Melody♫♫ Feaster, [/FONT]Customer Service

[FONT=arial black, sans-serif]AMBAC International[/FONT]
[FONT=arial black, sans-serif]mfeaster@ambac.net[/FONT]
910 Spears Creek Court

[FONT=arial black, sans-serif]Elgin, SC 29045[/FONT]
[FONT=arial black, sans-serif]Ph # 803-462-9616 / [/FONT]Fax # 803-735-2280
[FONT=arial black, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial black, sans-serif]Shipping Hours - [/FONT]Mon - Thur - 7:30am - 4:00pm
Check out our website www.ambacdiesel.com

whiskerz

Thanks for this thread. I am helping a friend who bought a used duece that was ran on fryer oil and the plunger is stuck . the bottom button looks rough and scored . It fell into the pump when I pulled the head . I got it and the retainer out with a magnet .Does Ambac have the button as well ?

The gasket for the fuel shutoff cover (I think it's official name might be the timing window cover) looks like some kind of wire mesh.

Mine needs replacing (broke). What material do you guys use for those? It looks like I could get one from Oshkosh but I'd rather not pay 10 bucks + shipping for a little gasket. Plus I want to put it back together this afternoon.

It holds back oil when all is well I think.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There little to no pressure on it. I would think a roll of gasket material and making your own should be fine.

There little to no pressure on it. I would think a roll of gasket material and making your own should be fine.
That's what I'ma gonna do. The TM calls for a gasket .020 thick, which is a replacement for one .031 thick.. So I'm buying some 1/32 Karropak from o'Reilly.
It also calls for the equivalent of Permatex #3 gasket sealer. But I want to be able to get it apart again, so I'm going with something a little less adhesive.

Last edited:

nadeau191

ok hi. im sure this has been asked on here before but i am at work so i dont have time to read through everything, but i need help. my plunger broke on our deuce, i need a part number and place to purchase that along with what i believe to be the button. i had gotten the part number for the retainer, so im good with that. also is there any place to buy the o rings needed instead of trying to find somewhere to go that actually knows how to look o-ring sizes. thanks in advance for info. much appreciated.

kennys@wi.rr.com

When they get here I will see what size flat rate box they fit in and post it as a sale ad then. No need to upset any of the mods by listing parts for sale in a regular post.

texas30cal

I got my hands on two trucks last weekend, one is running great, drove it home, the other won't start, hydraulic head was stuck. Found the clip, it's ok ad the button has one little ding on the edge and I already stoned it. The plunger guide is broken and I'll order a couple in am, my question is what is suppose to be under the 12 point plug on the side?

texas30cal

I got it all cleaned up, there is the 12 point plug that uses a tapered seat to seal against the hyd head, then a spring, and it was stuck pretty good but in the bottom of the hole is a pointed needle valve similar to what's in a carburetor except it is steel , any of this sound right?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks