• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing, rebuilding, reinstalling Hydraulic Head

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
New to the site. Have a M35A2 with some problems and just figuring out how to post. Will return with details to see if some help is available. Thanks.
Welcome to the Site from Charlotte, North Carolina!

Definitely gather your pictures and facts - and there will be people more than willing to help.
You might even consider creating yourself a new thread in the Deuce section (link below)

---

The Technical Manuals live here:

Don't hesitate to download the things that relate to your truck. That will help you get started with some step by step instructions and even some troubleshooting steps. They are boring and dry to read - but you will find a wealth of good information - like torque specs and a whole lot more. It isn't a Chilton's, but it was made for everything you might want to fix.

Beyond Biodiesel

I tried resealing a previous HH on an old injector pump with poor results about 5 years ago. Then I bought an unused injector pump, which came with the same problem of leaking fuel into the motor oil, so now I am going to try rebuilding another HH. I'm glad to see there is now more content on the project. Since I live on a remote wildlife preserve I constructed a manual and downloaded all of the images, then constructed a manual. I thought others here might find it useful, so I've uploaded it here.

Sorry, I've tried uploading it twice and I've given up on wasting any more time to help others on this forum.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I constructed a manual and downloaded all of the images, then constructed a manual. I thought others here might find it useful, so I've uploaded it here.

Sorry, I've tried uploading it twice and I've given up on wasting any more time to help others on this forum.
Sorry, this sounds too good to let it go to waste; can one of the moderators perhaps offer to help? Maybe PDF it?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I tried resealing a previous HH on an old injector pump with poor results about 5 years ago. Then I bought an unused injector pump, which came with the same problem of leaking fuel into the motor oil, so now I am going to try rebuilding another HH. I'm glad to see there is now more content on the project. Since I live on a remote wildlife preserve I constructed a manual and downloaded all of the images, then constructed a manual. I thought others here might find it useful, so I've uploaded it here.

Yeah for sure if you have something to upload, even us lowly regular users can help you get it posted.
I'm going to send you a PM (Private Message) with my email. Whatever you have, I'd be happy to help.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

You can start a conversation with me. Or you can email me directly at my username @gmail.com

Another Ahab

Since I live on a remote wildlife preserve I constructed a manual and downloaded all of the images, then constructed a manual.
Hope you get the upload worked out!

Very cool that you live on a wildlife preserve. We've squeezed out almost all the wildlife left anywhere (glad there's at least one corner left).

I had a cousin (sadly now deceased in an agriculture accident), but went to Prescott College (kind of an alternative school; a college for wilderness/outdoor "peoples").

Is that school still up and running?

Another Ahab

Created by Beyond Biodiesel , Here is the Step-By Step Document for

Removing, rebuilding, reinstalling Hydraulic Head on a Deuce

PDF Document is attached below
You are heroic, Beyond Biodiesel, because this is the priceless product of some MAJOR effort.

Consolidating all of the varied wisdom, and then sequencing it properly?!!

Wow. Outstanding.

:not worthy::beer::not worthy:

Beyond Biodiesel

Beyond Biodiesel

Hope you get the upload worked out!

Very cool that you live on a wildlife preserve. We've squeezed out almost all the wildlife left anywhere (glad there's at least one corner left).

I had a cousin (sadly now deceased in an agriculture accident), but went to Prescott College (kind of an alternative school; a college for wilderness/outdoor "peoples").

Is that school still up and running?
Thanks, editing it helped me get a deeper understanding of rebuilding the HH. I plan to pick up a 2 sets of o-rings because I have 2 injector pumps with the same problem. Hopefully I can get at least one functional injector pump out of the 2.

I have an autoimmune condition in which I am hypersensitive to air pollution so moving to a wildlife preserve 25 miles from the nearest city, and 100 air miles from the nearest seriously polluted city (Phoenix) has helped a great deal.

I lived in Prescott, AZ for about 12 years where my health went seriously down hill until I realized that Prescott is just too close to Phoenix. As for Prescott College, yes it is still around, and still popular with the greenies. However, the pandemic caused them to downsize significantly.

Another Ahab

I couldn't find viton o rings in Flagstaff, AZ, where I am so I ordered them on line from https://www.allorings.com/. I ordered 2 of each of the 3 o rings in brown viton. The price was $85.22 with $17.53 shipping UPS ground. The total price of $110.57 which seems insanely high. Has anyone else paid this much for 6 o rings?
Does seem mighty pricey, but then I sure don't know everything about o-rings.

The shipping seems about right. But $15+/- per o-ring? THAT sure seems unordinary...

rustystud

I couldn't find viton o rings in Flagstaff, AZ, where I am so I ordered them on line from https://www.allorings.com/. I ordered 2 of each of the 3 o rings in brown viton. The price was $85.22 with $17.53 shipping UPS ground. The total price of $110.57 which seems insanely high. Has anyone else paid this much for 6 o rings?
That price is insane !
Go to McMaster-Carr.com .

Last edited:

Beyond Biodiesel

That price is insane !
Go to McMaster-Carr.com .
Thanks, Rusty and Another Ahab, I've bought o rings many time over the years. Upon reflection the price only makes sense if one unit is 100, so I expect to end up with 200 of each o ring. If that is the case, then I expect to sell them as a kit here, since no one else seems to be doing it at this time. It will recoup some of the excessive cost of this purchase. I'll keep folks abreast of the results. The o rings have not shipped yet, but hope to receive them Friday.

USMCGunny

Great write up. Looks like im going to be doing the same in the next week. Like you I have been doing a lot of reading. I found out trouble shooting I have no fuel getting to two of the injectors when I crack a line. Thought it was a bad injector now Im wondering if the HH is plugged

DaneGer21

I wonder if Biodiesel ever made up the "O-ring kits" he mentioned? I'd be interested.
Last time I bought some was a few months ago, I got all (3) orings for $13.55/free shipping. That was off the popular auction site. I searched and searched for the best price and that was it, these are also viton.

I can post a link if I’m allowed…

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks