• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing the FDC for adjustment

markehle

I did wind up taking off the FDC. Since the thing had already been bypassed, all I had to do was cut one fuel line loop that was wound around another fuel line. While it was on the bench I got to take a good look at how it works and why you don't want to tuurn the shaft. While it was out I put brass pipe plugs in where the fuel fittings were. Since I don't have a pyrometer on it yet I turned it up one-half turn. I was able to measure exactly with a depth mike how far the screw sticks out from the body - right at .500". I will be able to use that number as a reference in the future.

I salute you folks who can do this while it's in the truck, but for me, it makes more sense to pull it.

Thanks for all the advice!

kennys@wi.rr.com

And the obvious statement here is:
nopics

If you went into such teritory we need pics as a guide for the rest of us.

I did wind up taking off the FDC. Since the thing had already been bypassed, all I had to do was cut one fuel line loop that was wound around another fuel line. While it was on the bench I got to take a good look at how it works and why you don't want to tuurn the shaft. While it was out I put brass pipe plugs in where the fuel fittings were. Since I don't have a pyrometer on it yet I turned it up one-half turn. I was able to measure exactly with a depth mike how far the screw sticks out from the body - right at .500". I will be able to use that number as a reference in the future.

I salute you folks who can do this while it's in the truck, but for me, it makes more sense to pull it.

Thanks for all the advice!