• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing traces of gov liquidation

gonorth

I bought a pickup once with a lot of painted on signage on it. Everyone told me I would have to repaint the whole truck, no way to get it off. Well, a little buffing compound, a few rags, and a lot of hand applied elbow grease on the lettering and avoiding the body paint did the trick. I suspect if you are careful you won't affect the CARC much in the process.

Nonotagain

I bought a pickup once with a lot of painted on signage on it. Everyone told me I would have to repaint the whole truck, no way to get it off. Well, a little buffing compound, a few rags, and a lot of hand applied elbow grease on the lettering and avoiding the body paint did the trick. I suspect if you are careful you won't affect the CARC much in the process.
CARC paint has the texture of 150-180 grit sand paper.

While you can remove the GL grease marker from the peaks, the valleys still hold the remains.

Using a polishing compound to remove the marker would effectively remove the paint also.

A mixture of MEK and mineral spirits and a stiff short haired nylon bristle brush will remove the marker, but you will need to blend it in to the adjacent area as you will also be removing some paint.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks