• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

reo m34 engines help

reom34

[2]Hi: [/2]

[2]My name is Jose Antonio Crespo from Tenerife,Canary Island ,Spain.[/2]

[2]I have a MB jeep from 1943 s/n 242802 and a Reo M34 6x6.[/2]

[2]I can found the original engine for my truck,but I can buy a continental lds 427 or a ld 465.I think i will can put in my truck but I ´m not sure.I dont know when start and end the produccion for theses engines.I need know it because in Spain you can get the license for the truck if it is original,include the engine.I know the lds and the ld are not original for my M34 but the spanish rules say to my the engine is ok if the engine was built from 1950 to 1980.How can I know the age of any engine?[/2]

[2]My English is terrible,I´m sorry[/2]

[2]hanks[/2]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jose, there is a data plate on the right side of the engine. Most have a date stamped into it. I would say most of the multifuels will be made before 1980. Production of the LDS427 was early in the 60s with them in production vehicles in at least 1963 if not earlier. Look for the LDs and LDTs around 65 or so. Welcome to Steel Soldiers Jose, you'r enumber 1000.

rdixiemiller

Jose
Tenemos dos o tres de nosotros que hablamos espanol. Tu camion es M34? Estes camiones tienen motor de gasolina, OA-331. Los motores LDS 427 tienen problemas, los 465 motores son mucho mejor. Puedes usar los 427 y 465 motores, pero necesita cambiar el tranmission. Los motores gasolina usan transmissiones con 5 directo. Los motores multifuel usan transmissiones con 4 directo y 5 es overdrive (.8:1). Muchos de los camiones M34 tienen LD465 motores. Las fuerzas armadas cambio muchos en los anos 1963 hasta 1966.
Translated:
I told Jose that a few of us speak Spanish. His M34 came with the OA-331 engine. The LDS 427 had some reliability issues, if he was going to swap he would probably want a 465. The gas tranny was a 5th direct, and the multifuel was a 5th over. If he was swapping to a multifuel, he would want to change the tranny (or go really slow)

rdixiemiller

Naahh. I don't get many chances to practice my Spanish with someone who speaks Castillian (proper Spanish). I just want him to understand that he can ask the occasional question in Spanish or Spanglish and get an answer. Gerhard is a real treat, English, Spanish, and German!
I am bilingually illiterate as well, I can neither read nor write in two different languages! Mandarin Chinese and French come to mind.
I do speak Redneck, if that counts.

reom34

Thanks a lot for yours replys.My trucks is a REo M34 but I dont know when was it built because it dont have any plate,only chasis number 96722.I supouse it is from 50´s but I´m not sure.Can any body tell me when finish the m34 production?

Gracias Robert por contestarme en Español,es todo un detalle de tu parte.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks