• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

REO OA331 - Looking for Water Pump to Engine Block Gasket

OD_Coyote

Does anyone know where I can find a current source for the gasket that goes between the water pump and the engine block on an REO OA331?

Thanks,
Chris

JasonS

I've had good luck with Olsons for my reo 400. However, it should be easy to make a gasket this simple.

OD_Coyote

I've had good luck with Olsons for my reo 400. However, it should be easy to make a gasket this simple.
Good suggestion... I have made many gaskets in the past, but now that I am getting older and I have to work on my projects outside in the NW weather, I prefer to buy a gasket whenever possible.
How do you like your REO 400, is it an OH200 model engine and are they still readily available? How does the OH200 compare to the OA331 in fuel consumption?

JasonS

Yes, it is an OH200. A very nice engine. They seem hard to find but I do know where a few new ones are. Hard to say on fuel consumption; probably depends more on load than anything else. The guy I bought it from had one in a Reo truck that he drove on the interstate to truck shows. I don't recall the numbers but seem to recall it was OK.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks