• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reo oa331 spark plugs

Kaiser67M715

Can anyone tell me what size socket (needs to be deep as well) is used to pull the sparkplugs. I have tried every 13/16 I could find, seems none are deep enough. And 7/8 seems to be too large....

I tried searching, tried finding my old plugs, have absolutely no clue where the socket went I originally used, used to keep it under the seat.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Can anyone tell me what size socket (needs to be deep as well) is used to pull the sparkplugs. I have tried every 13/16 I could find, seems none are deep enough. And 7/8 seems to be too large....

I tried searching, tried finding my old plugs, have absolutely no clue where the socket went I originally used, used to keep it under the seat.

Its gotta be an extra deep 13/16

https://www.amazon.com/Sunex-884507-8-Inch-16-Inch-Socket/dp/B0074HNK90

Kaiser67M715

If any one wants pictures I can get some, but I had to cut one and weld it to another standard deep socket, added about 1 inch. There are several issues, first you need a deeper then normal socket, second to get around the water jacket for every cylinder but number 6, it can't be too long otherwise you would never get it over the sparkplug. There is a sweet spot for the length.

Just figured I'd update the thread.

Crazyguyla

I use a Stanley 1/2 drive 13/16 deep socket. It's long enough to fit the plug and clear the water jacket. Another option is a sparkplug wrench for an aircooled volkswagen, it's deep enough and can be used in tight spots.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks